The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

Well I do have what my nephew calls a "terminator arm" (a lot of metal plates and screws)..check out the "who's active" there are always a few robots hangin out as well as us Cyborgs.

I have a "Sleepytime" playlist on my mp3 player. It's mostly Megadeth, with some Scorpions and old Metallica thrown in, and course some Winger.

Once you can sleep through Hanger 18 and She Wolf, you can sleep through anything!

"She's only seventeen....". Sweet dreams....

I have a "Sleepytime" playlist on my mp3 player. It's mostly Megadeth, with some Scorpions and old Metallica thrown in, and course some Winger.

Once you can sleep through Hanger 18 and She Wolf, you can sleep through anything!

"She's only seventeen....". Sweet dreams....

That explains soo much DTR...you must have some strange dreams...does Kip ever take a beating in them? I don't know which one is more distubing...your nite-nite playlist or you're fondness of Kip Winger...He does have nice hair though... Bahaha! :D

Actually, I only own one Winger CD, and I was always a much bigger fan of Reb Beach than Kip Winger.

I'm not allowed to listen to the metal station at night because it keeps my wife awake. But if she's up before me (weekends, holidays, vacations), she puts the metal station on and turns it up when she gets up. And I sleep like a baby.

Of course, I grew up with railroad tracks about 60 feet from my bed, so it doesn't bother me at all.

My experience is that getting the melatonin that you dissolve under your tongue is the most effective in getting you drowsy quickly.

Missed this before -- and while just anecdotal, that's been my experience also. A mere 3mg knocks me the eff out, without any after-effects. It's been tremendous so far.

Actually, I only own one Winger CD, and I was always a much bigger fan of Reb Beach than Kip Winger.

Man! Now we're talkin! I was into Reb Beach he's one of my 80's shredder guys I was into big time! I used to love Dokken! There's a name I haven't said in years! I think I saw him with Night Ranger too...but don't quote me on that...it was the 80's. Too many of those guitar guys just faded away and there was some serious talent amongst them...Bernie Marsden has always been a favorite of mine glad I found him again here! Good times!

Word! Right there with ya! Plus, Rod Morgenstien....Dixie Dregs! Need I say more........

It is a rule, a GIVEN, that if ANY one of the Dregs plays in your band, your band is BAD A$$! Monsters. Have every single one of their albums and all Steve's solo stuff.

Man! Now we're talkin! I was into Reb Beach he's one of my 80's shredder guys I was into big time! I used to love Dokken! There's a name I haven't said in years! I think I saw him with Night Ranger too...but don't quote me on that...it was the 80's. Too many of those guitar guys just faded away and there was some serious talent amongst them...Bernie Marsden has always been a favorite of mine glad I found him again here! Good times!

Well yeah, George Lynch is one of my favorite shredders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the f@ck did you guys bring your butt rocker's into my insomnia thread? I'm tryin' to sleep, not wish I was dead... Now I'm gonna type in this damn thread when I'm awake at night, read some of the replies, and then get some statutory-rape-sex predator song stuck in my head. I told y'all I get nightmares... The last thing I need is Kip Winger pirouetting into my subconscious.

Sergio, my friend, you’re confusing head bangers with butt rockers. BIG difference. :p

Also, funny how those songs about 16 and 17 year old girls were cool when you were that age, but when your daughter is that age, they aren’t so cool! o_O

Edit: I was going to mention Kip doing that in your dreams, but, and I’m not ashamed to admit this, I did not know how to spell “pirouetting.” Glad we have someone here who knows how to spell that. I’ve somehow managed to go over 50 years without ever writing that word, although I’m sure I’ve used it before. Probably after a dodgeball game. :D

Why the f@ck did you guys bring your butt rocker's into my insomnia thread? I'm tryin' to sleep, not wish I was dead... Now I'm gonna type in this damn thread when I'm awake at night, read some of the replies, and then get some statutory-rape-sex predator song stuck in my head. I told y'all I get nightmares... The last thing I need is Kip Winger pirouetting into my subconscious.

Look at it this way... there are far worse butt rocker's that could potentially pirouette into your subconscious, like for example say...wait....just a second...nope, I can't think of any, uh uh not one. That pretty boy is gonna haunt your dreams bro...sorry...The pirouette is bad but if he starts to plie...well, lets just think happy thoughts and try to relax. Oh, and just for the record...they started it.

Sergio, my friend, you’re confusing head bangers with butt rockers. BIG difference. :p

Also, funny how those songs about 16 and 17 year old girls were cool when you were that age, but when your daughter is that age, they aren’t so cool! o_O

Edit: I was going to mention Kip doing that in your dreams, but, and I’m not ashamed to admit this, I did not know how to spell “pirouetting.” Glad we have someone here who knows how to spell that. I’ve somehow managed to go over 50 years without ever writing that word, although I’m sure I’ve used it before. Probably after a dodgeball game. :D

Dude, I totally know the difference between headbangers and butt rockers... If you’re not in Slayer, you’re a Butt Rocker.

Well, I would start a list, but you can’t make one “Poison= butt rock, Ratt = Head Banger” post these days without offending someone :D
Ooohhhh...anyone who's not Slayer. Wait what about Pantera like Vulgar Display of Power Pantera?
I'm still offended DTR...only because you didn't start the sentence with "no offense".

Ooohhhh...anyone who's not Slayer. Wait what about Pantera like Vulgar Display of Power Pantera?
I'm still offended DTR...only because you didn't start the sentence with "no offense".

Phil's mohawk phase and the band's beginnings relegate them to at least having once been butt rockers, or exhibiting butt rock tendencies.

Back