The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

Saweet I always wanted a partner in crime..this is exciting!

Pro Tip: Always keep electronic devices close...especially after taking allergy meds. That is all.;)

I’m on vacation this week, which normally means late nights reading and watching movies and stuff.

A sudden sciatica attack has derailed a lot of that. Sitting comfortably is a decent challenge about now. The meds are pretty good, though.

I’m on vacation this week, which normally means late nights reading and watching movies and stuff.

A sudden sciatica attack has derailed a lot of that. Sitting comfortably is a decent challenge about now. The meds are pretty good, though.

Duuuude! Now I have TWO partners in crime! WOO HOO! This is gonna be awesome!

Seriously though...That blows! Sorry to hear that, I deal with it too, so I litterally feel your pain! :(Mine hits me with what I call the old "cattle prod" from my right butt cheek down my leg and into part of my foot several, times a day but at night really kicks in...yeah, that's super fun:rolleyes:. Something that helps me is, lying flat, on a yoga mat, in the floor. For what ever reason, this relieves it enough to help bring my pain level down to less excruciatingat least. I don't do the opioid thing anymore. They didn't do much for the pain and I was tired of the stigma associated with them...not to mention, being treated like a criminal by the pharmacists...but I digress.

I hope it gets better for you soon buddy! Enjoy the meds while you have them and since you have them, it time to start posting any and everything that comes to mind...let me know if I can be of any assistance.;)

Do you think there is like, a list of racist terms written in small print on the side?

I dunno? It wouldn't matter though, racist a$$clowns like her don't read. I for one, think "genetic deficiencies" are to blame. :confused: In her case, these "deficiencies" caused severe mental defects, which led to P.S.S.S. or Permanently Stuck on Stupid Syndrome. o_O which in turn, led her to commit career suicide..so tragic..:(

NOT!!!!:D

Last edited:
yeah, every time I think about political correctness and how it is ruining many aspects of life, I remember that some people NEED to have their thoughts filtered because they have no manners, no class, and in this digital era, have a whole world that can hear everything they say within seconds after they say it.

Ugh, that sh!t is the worst, or at least close to it for trying to sleep.

I wish the docs would’ve even offered some meds, they’re so anti-pain meds up here that getting an aspirin seems difficult. It’s not that I wanna live on that stuff but, after a week straight of it when it happens... I just want a break, even for one night.

Ugh, that sh!t is the worst, or at least close to it for trying to sleep.

I wish the docs would’ve even offered some meds, they’re so anti-pain meds up here that getting an aspirin seems difficult. It’s not that I wanna live on that stuff but, after a week straight of it when it happens... I just want a break, even for one night.

During no the day and evening, I’m mostly okay, but man, it’s all worn off by morning and I can barely move. There’s no way I’m refereeing this weekend. I still don’t feel safe to drive. Kind of hard when your leg feels like it’s constantly cramping up and half of it is numb on top of that.

During no the day and evening, I’m mostly okay, but man, it’s all worn off by morning and I can barely move. There’s no way I’m refereeing this weekend. I still don’t feel safe to drive. Kind of hard when your leg feels like it’s constantly cramping up and half of it is numb on top of that.

I’m so sorry buddy.

I've got a couple of herniated discs and some neuropathy. Welcome to my world. Sucks ballz. Half the time I worry that I've got a blood clot, or something.

IKR!!! It's a friggn travisty! From what I hear it's this way all over the country. Man does it genuinely pi$$ me off! First "big pharma" dumps them on everyone like Skittles years! Then just add the news agencies with their typical "Chicken Little" impersonation and you have a big ol sh!t sandwich! Now the legit chronic pain patients and the doctors are hosed! Down here it's gotten really bad...the fatality rate is a through the roof and steadily climbing. Not to mention the violence in the streets that's directly connected to it, has made Birmingham the new murder capital of the south! Before I think it just surpassed Chicago as one of the deadliest pleaces per capita to live in the US! Thats just crazy!

I've taken a stand on this since I got smahed 5 years ago. There is a particular " "herbal therapy " that i hear is very effective...but here in hillbillyville it's known as the "devils lettuce" it is an amazing multi-use pain releiver that has been around and used to treat a ton of chronic ailments...I mean I heard somebody say that...alledgedly! o_O sorry getring down from my soapbox....

Anyway, I hope you guys get some kind of relief soon...sending positive vibes to y'all. Gotta run...it's 4:20 somewhere...I'm sure of it.:D

Dang, I'm old, and you guys are making me feel like superman. :( and yes, getting old sucks!

IKR!!! It's a friggn travisty! From what I hear it's this way all over the country. Man does it genuinely pi$$ me off! First "big pharma" dumps them on everyone like Skittles years! Then just add the news agencies with their typical "Chicken Little" impersonation and you have a big ol sh!t sandwich! Now the legit chronic pain patients and the doctors are hosed! Down here it's gotten really bad...the fatality rate is a through the roof and steadily climbing. Not to mention the violence in the streets that's directly connected to it, has made Birmingham the new murder capital of the south! Before I think it just surpassed Chicago as one of the deadliest pleaces per capita to live in the US! Thats just crazy!

I've taken a stand on this since I got smahed 5 years ago. There is a particular " "herbal therapy " that i hear is very effective...but here in hillbillyville it's known as the "devils lettuce" it is an amazing multi-use pain releiver that has been around and used to treat a ton of chronic ailments...I mean I heard somebody say that...alledgedly! o_O sorry getring down from my soapbox....

Anyway, I hope you guys get some kind of relief soon...sending positive vibes to y'all. Gotta run...it's 4:20 somewhere...I'm sure of it.:D

I used to love that sh!t but I've never noticed any pain relief from it, I mean aside from making some Adam Sandler movies more watchable. If anything it makes me fixate more on the pain, which harshes my mellow.

Dang, I'm old, and you guys are making me feel like superman. :( and yes, getting old sucks!

Whatever you're doing... keep doing it. My leg/back/hip thing just magically snuck up on me, there wasn't an "event" I can pinpoint. It wasn't until X-rays that I even knew my back was in troub, it was sore yeah, but...

Hey...you ARE Superman...I mean you DO wear your underpants on the outside of you pants...not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm just sayin.o_O

Oh, and don't worry about getting older, age doesn't affect you...BUT....Kryptonite...well that's whole different animal...yeah, you should worry about Kryptonite.

Can someone not drive you to the ladies mud wrestling!;)

^THIS^

Compression stockings are my friend....

Dude, you wear nylons??? Getting weird in here.... o_O

Hey...you ARE Superman...I mean you DO wear your underpants on the outside of you pants...not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm just sayin.o_O

Oh, and don't worry about getting older, age doesn't affect you...BUT....Kryptonite...well that's whole different animal...yeah, you should worry about Kryptonite.

First of all, I only wear them on the outside at parties. Second, I am the forum Speedo model, you know! :p

Whatever you're doing... keep doing it. My leg/back/hip thing just magically snuck up on me, there wasn't an "event" I can pinpoint. It wasn't until X-rays that I even knew my back was in troub, it was sore yeah, but...

This week, Tuesday night I got my second bike ride of the year in. Made my goal! 1 hour 2 minutes, averaged over 15 mph. (I did put a little air in the tires this time). Last night, 30 minutes on the elliptical and a few light weights while I watched football.

And yeah, I hate when that stuff seems to come out of nowhere. wake up one day and say "why is this hurting?" :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the sciatica, sucks big time! I developed a herniated disc a couple of years back and if I don’t do the daily exercises the PT folks told me, it flairs up in full pain down my whole leg within a couple of days. Then takes a couple of weeks to settle down. I’m a big fan of PT in general, works far better than any meds. Oh and not siting for hours on end helps, but is hard to do at work...

Hope things start to get better for you!

I have chronic insomnia.
I was 16 when I first went to my doctor asking for help. He told me to get out and stop wasting his time.
Two weeks ago I saw another doctor about it. I told him the Amitriptyline no longer seemed to help. So now he is weaning me off them, That means no more meds and no further help. Fortunately I'm retired now, but I would still love a decent nights sleep.

Back