The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

.....or dropping a bottle of Bollinger on the floor - things that your brain could recognize as needing attention.

Gasp!

Wait. Wait. Wait. All of this b!tchin' about the alarm waking you up, and such, means you're actually sleeping now?

Yeah! I seriously put in the effort and made a bunch of changes to my lifestyle in order to be able to sleep better, which is what makes certain.... uh... factors so frustrating.

Yeah! I seriously put in the effort and made a bunch of changes to my lifestyle in order to be able to sleep better, which is what makes certain.... uh... factors so frustrating.

Good for you, bro. I'm still working with gin and melatonin.

I don’t know if normal people can do this, but you need to train your brain not to care about that sound. Invent a dream around it or something.

Good for you, bro. I'm still working with gin and melatonin.
Melatonin is lost on me since I don’t have any trouble being sleepy. The Bombay Sapphire is just because the blue cheese-stuffed olives were lonely...and the inducer of give-no-sh*ts-itis. In fact, why is my hand not grasping my Czech crystal martini glass?o_O

Melatonin is lost on me since I don’t have any trouble being sleepy. The Bombay Sapphire is just because the blue cheese-stuffed olives were lonely...and the inducer of give-no-sh*ts-itis. In fact, why is my hand not grasping my Czech crystal martini glass?o_O

I'm with ya on the Bombay, but I go garlic or jalapeno stuffed. Although, I wouldn't kick a blue cheese stuffed outta my glass. Cheers!

Speaking of blue cheese, and TOTALLY off topic, here's a good recipe:

Cherry or Grape tomatoes, halved
Red wine vinager
Olive oil
Grey Poupon or like brown mustard
Chopped fresh basil
Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola
Salt
Pepper

Mix it all up in a bowl, and use it to top your steak. I prefer Skirt, Flank, or NY Strip for this.

Funny it took me this long to think of all the things that used to keep me awake. I didn’t really learn to sleep until I was 27 or do.
- fear of missing out. I was awake if anybody in the house was awake. Eventually I figured out I had more fun than anybody else anyway.
- flies. I hate that sound. I don’t like things intruding on my space. Eventually I killed them all.
- light. Even a nightlight a couple of rooms away is enough to mess me up. Maybe I was only meant to sleep in the northern winter. This still bothers me, but I lie to myself and say it doesn’t matter, which mostly works if I close my eyes.
- pollen. It’s hard to sleep if you can’t breathe.
- telephones. The ring pierces through my soul. People should know not to call me while I’m sleeping unless it is important. I only get to sleep once a night. Once I’m awake, I’m awake.
- breathing beside me. I learned how to sleep through a lot of sound, but if the kids creeped into the room waiting for someone to get up, I could hear them breathing, or something. That was mostly ok.

I'm with ya on the Bombay, but I go garlic or jalapeno stuffed. Although, I wouldn't kick a blue cheese stuffed outta my glass. Cheers!
martini.jpg

Well, it's Ragweed time in Ohio (not that kind, you degenerates!) and I'm back on the allergy meds for a while, so you and I should be good for some late night DOOZIES over the next couple weeks

Saweet I always wanted a partner in crime..this is exciting!

Pro Tip: Always keep electronic devices close...especially after taking allergy meds. That is all.;)

Back