The DC3: Most underrated PRS?

Link

I say yes. I know... some might say it's just a strat rip-off. Or that it doesn't have a fancy top. Or that the pickups look weird.

I don't care. It's still a great guitar and very under-appreciated, IMHO. Seems like the NF3 gets more love, but I prefer the DC3 which is more sparkle-y sounding.

And the Runner-up for most underrated PRS: the Starla. Another great guitar that can jangle OR grunge out with the best of them. Very versatile.

I hope PRS continues to keep these great guitars in their model line-up because they are really good. (On the other hand, if they're ever discontinued, then I'll have a couple of collectors' item!).

I had no idea it was underrated, honestly can't speak highly enough about mine! Thought that Fender and G&L were the only affordable options, tried them out and hated the necks. Figured I'd just go without a single coil guitar....and then I heard about the DC3. Here is pic of mine:

PRSDC32.jpg

I had no idea it was underrated, honestly can't speak highly enough about mine! Thought that Fender and G&L were the only affordable options, tried them out and hated the necks. Figured I'd just go without a single coil guitar....and then I heard about the DC3. Here is pic of mine:

PRSDC32.jpg

Nice guitar, Steam! Yeah, maybe I used the wrong word when I said underrated. It's more like "under-appreciated". Anyway, just to keep the DC3 love alive, here's a pic of mine too. By the way, IMHO these two colors look the best on a DC3 (although you couldn't go wrong with seafoam green either).

Nice guitar, Steam! Yeah, maybe I used the wrong word when I said underrated. It's more like "under-appreciated". Anyway, just to keep the DC3 love alive, here's a pic of mine too. By the way, IMHO these two colors look the best on a DC3 (although you couldn't go wrong with seafoam green either).

Great choice! I would have opted for that, too, but I already have a 22 Semi-Hollow LTD in sapphire smokeburst, so I went with scarlet smokeburst to add variety. I notice you opted for maple fingerboard with ring dots. I really like the way the ring dots look on the maple!

Love all those colors..Picked mine up today in vintage burst and am blown away by the playability and tone.

Love all those colors..Picked mine up today in vintage burst and am blown away by the playability and tone.

Hey SLang, welcome to the DC3 club. Don't forget to post the obligatory NGD photo and any further reviews.

Hello! So glad I found this thread. I was beginning to think I was the only one that plays a DC3. I have three other PRS guitars: Custom 22, McCarty Soapbar, and a Single Cut. While I love all my guitars, the DC3 is perfect for the kind of music my band plays, which is modern country.

Seriously under-appreciated guitar!

And the Runner-up for most underrated PRS: the Starla.
So I have it the other way around, with the Starla being the most underrated (gets the extra points for its pure tonal and esthetic uniqueness) and the DC# as the runner up, but yeah, both are truly great guitars.

Love the Tone and neck on my DC3. Traded her in for a used Custom 24 10 Top, but thankfully was able to trade in another guitar to get her back. :) My Fender and Gibson stock is dropping, but my PRS stock is going up!!!

I love mine and think it's one of the best necks I have felt. I don't like the neck of my studio at all and it cost more than double. I think the tones are really nice and I don't feel worried about playing it as it's a plain prs compared to most others

Back