The DC22 Story

Private Reserve Guitars

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
If you've been on this forum awhile you may have stumbled up this model. The DC22. It was a wood library run a few years ago limited to 25 pieces. All moons. 2 colors. These two colors are unique to the DC22 not in name but in the way the finish is applied. I used to work for Gibson Custom Shop, and the DC22 was drawn up to pull Gibson guys who thought PRS perhaps too pretty over to the brand. At that company, with regards to the Historic Program, rather than stain the raw wood a sealer coat was applied first. While they don't pop as hard as a PRS they do have a cool vintage flicker. The Santana neck profile is very close to the '59 historic neck. The body...reminiscent of another DC. The wraptail bridge....... you get the idea. Nitro top coats and a satin finish on the back of the neck to be just a no frills workhorse. We came back the following year with a second run of those two colors, now in V12 (glossy back of neck on this version) , and also offered the oh so sexy birds-10 tops/PRS-style stained beauties in 3 other colors. There has been a rediscovery of this model recently, as well as a significant price reduction. I've seen some posted on this site but thought I'd put one of each color up for you to eyeball. Just a note, if you look at our website by serial # it may not be completely current. Best to check with me on availability. Thanks, Chris Swope 816.423.4970

Last edited:
McCarty Lemon Burst
ForumPRS11172002004.jpg

Thanks for the info on the DC22. It never really was on my radar but maybe should be. Very interesting.

The second round was very nice, but those first 25 guitars were amazing. I think the combination of everything - wood and finish - made it that way. I owned number six, but sold it to fund a Dirty 100. I have always regretted doing that. That one lives in Australia now. On a positive note, #22 popped up for sale over the weekend. I had to grab it - hopefully, I will have it by Wed or Thursday. Will report back.

Bob

This one is SWEET :)

[QUOTE

=Private Reserve Guitars;64902]Fire Red Burst
ForumPRS11174016004.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sadly, between the time I paid for it and the time it showed up, my dog, Ginny the Wirehair Dachshund, ruptured a disc in her back, requiring emergency surgery. The bill so far is $5600 and another $3500 in therapy lies ahead... So, I've put it up for sale, sad to say.

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Back