The daily earworm...

and that Pineapple song was just plain weird.
What? I love that song. It makes no sense. Why is it so catchy? It's asymmetrical, so it should bother my OCD, and yet if you try to do anything to it -- anything -- you ruin its catchiness. It must be asymmetrical!

I tend to get mashups stuck in my head -- right now I have a cross between Barry Manilow's "Mandy" and Rolling Stones' "Angie" -- I call it, "Mangy".

What? I love that song. It makes no sense. Why is it so catchy? It's asymmetrical, so it should bother my OCD, and yet if you try to do anything to it -- anything -- you ruin its catchiness. It must be asymmetrical!

I tend to get mashups stuck in my head -- right now I have a cross between Barry Manilow's "Mandy" and Rolling Stones' "Angie" -- I call it, "Mangy".

I can't hear you guys, I'm still wandering the countryside in search of a worthy opponent.

Totally not an earworm in the coventional sense, meaning bad song. Woke up at 2:27 this morning to take a leak. Had this song in my head as before my feet hit the floor. Couldn't get it to go away and finally got up at 4:18. No idea where it came from. Cool,song, but I probably haven't heard it in 4 years.

Of course, the whole seeking part could have something to do with trying to find the bathroom in the dark :confused:

Learned this last night to teach my daughter:

It's a pleasant progression. Cadd9, G, D, Em7. I was picking through the chords in a somewhat melancholy way on my acoustic tuned down a full step. My wife remarked that it sounded beautiful, so I was like "Ha! It's Taylor Swift!" I actually don't mind Taylor Swift, though.

I like a bit of Knoppfler, good old Geordie boy! The vocal/guitar sound really takes me back to the early ‘80’s - great

I like a bit of Knoppfler, good old Geordie boy! The vocal/guitar sound really takes me back to the early ‘80’s - great

His right hand technique completely blew me away when I was still deep on the learning curve. One my first big draws outside the standard rock scene of the day... I remember seeing one of his parts laid out in tab for the first time, and it was a completely foreign language. Great stuff, I'll forever envy his phrasing too.

His right hand technique completely blew me away when I was still deep on the learning curve. One my first big draws outside the standard rock scene of the day... I remember seeing one of his parts laid out in tab for the first time, and it was a completely foreign language. Great stuff, I'll forever envy his phrasing too.

Thanks BBC, another great documentary clip!

You’re welcome, you tube always reveals some real gems!

I love the version he recorded with James Taylor as well. Probably guessed I’m a big JT fan!

An album that lingers in my consciousness, that I thoroughly enjoy every time I listen to it, would be Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds. An epic musical based on the H.G Wells novel of the same name. Orchestration is both Classical, and Modern Rock. The original cast featured Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues, Chris Thompson of Manfred Man (and others), Phillip Lynott of Thin Lizzy, David Essex and Julie Covington.

An album that lingers in my consciousness, that I thoroughly enjoy every time I listen to it, would be Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds. An epic musical based on the H.G Wells novel of the same name. Orchestration is both Classical, and Modern Rock. The original cast featured Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues, Chris Thompson of Manfred Man (and others), Phillip Lynott of Thin Lizzy, David Essex and Julie Covington.
Oh yes, I remember in the mid eighties borrowing the double cassette from a friend, it got played over and over, Richard Burton as the narrator, what an infectious voice!

Back