The daily earworm...

Ha!!! .... I am the master of bad music fu, .......... and that Pineapple song was just plain weird.

... I can even go back to ancient history, when bad music fu was kept in secret at the Shaolin temple.

Ok, no lie: when I need to focus on something, I sing MMBop in my head. The two things I always did it on we're softball, at the plate, and golf. I found that if I focused on a song I hit the ball better because I wasn't over thinking the shot, or at bat. I have no idea why MMBop.

Ok, no lie: when I need to focus on something, I sing MMBop in my head. The two things I always did it on we're softball, at the plate, and golf. I found that if I focused on a song I hit the ball better because I wasn't over thinking the shot, or at bat. I have no idea why MMBop.

Interesting. No one - no one - is using the pineapple pen song for anything positive.

Lime In The Coconut? That's Harry Nilsson, who had some classic material. Try to find a good Psy song. Can't be done.

Megan Trainor is attractive, so you can watch that video w/the sound off and have a good experience. Rebecca Black is attractive, but she was underage when that song was done, which makes watching it w/the sound off just creepy.

I declare victory. The pebble remains firmly in my hand. (Thanks, Super Glue!)

Ha!!! .... I am the master of bad music fu, .......... and that Pineapple song was just plain weird.

... I can even go back to ancient history, when bad music fu was kept in secret at the Shaolin temple.
It’s a shame, because the record company did one on Megan Traynor, she has an unbelievably good voice and they released her worst song! I thought that sort of thing had stopped in the ‘80s. It’s all about the $!!

There’s a you tube vid of her singing, at Target or Walmart, accompanied by an acoustic and she’s got such good pipes!

It’s a shame, because the record company did one on Megan Traynor, she has an unbelievably good voice and they released her worst song! I thought that sort of thing had stopped in the ‘80s. It’s all about the $!!

There’s a you tube vid of her singing, at Target or Walmart, accompanied by an acoustic and she’s got such good pipes!
I like her voice and attitude. And have to give her props for knowing how to write a catchy song.

petrucci's rendition of Purple Rain. 14+ minutes of phenominal.
I used to gig with my friend Stu, a massive Prince fan. He made his Purple Rain solo last about that long.

He’s got a good paying gig now and he’s still using his solo! Rock on my friend!☔☔

I should mention that I had cramp after 14 minutes of playing a B flat bar chord etc (ouch).

Fun times though!

Interesting. No one - no one - is using the pineapple pen song for anything positive.

Lime In The Coconut? That's Harry Nilsson, who had some classic material. Try to find a good Psy song. Can't be done.

Megan Trainor is attractive, so you can watch that video w/the sound off and have a good experience. Rebecca Black is attractive, but she was underage when that song was done, which makes watching it w/the sound off just creepy.

I declare victory. The pebble remains firmly in my hand. (Thanks, Super Glue!)

Ha!!! ... I laugh at your feeble attempt to talk your way out of this bad music fu duel, your fu is pathetic, and you will need more than superglue to save your self from this terrible thrashing and possibly being spanked right out of the Shaolin temple.

Watch how I easily dispatch you with 3 simple moves....

..... go back and practice your forms fledgling monk!!!

Hah! Pack a lunch, kid. :D

Finally ... a worthy opponent.

...... but don't let your arrogance deceive you into thinking you have mastered Bad Music Fu. Throwing one decent punch or kick will not prepare you for a thrashing from the Grandmaster.

You are no match for my skills of cheesiness, now go back out to the practice yard and stay in the horse stance for the rest of the day.

Your attention to detail is admirable, but after years on the front lines of retail sales battle, my ears are tough and jaded.

Despite your best effort, I remain unfazed.

o0ywSYt.gif

Your attention to detail is admirable, but after years on the front lines of retail sales battle, my ears are tough and jaded.

Despite your best effort, I remain unfazed.

o0ywSYt.gif

Your insolence bores me, so much that I had to take acupuncture to relieve the boredom headache.

Your Fu technique is all Gif and no substance, it is no match for me, I can still best you with a buncha needles sticking outta my head!!

........ aaahh ....... I thought you had potential, maybe you could have been a worthy opponent ...... but I was wrong.
I guess I will have to go back to wandering the countryside in search of the one warrior than can defeat me.

Pardon, your Cruel Tutelage, but those aren't even really earworms... one is a mild irritant at best. I know worse jingles! As such this post doesn't even merit a GIF.

Your impetuousness is only a "mild irritant" to me as I have suffered greater blows during my search for a fighter that is worthy to meet me in combat.

I'll admit "Aba Daba" may not be a full fledged "earworm", but it's so bad I knew it would temporarily blind you and leave you open to getting KO'd. Helen, was a 70's earworm, you're just too young to know it, Grasshopper. You young monks just don't realize ancient bad music fu, in '58 this would have haunted your psyche.

Now go back to your room and practice your stretching.

Man, all this talk of so called "bad" or "cheesy" music and how one's kung fu is stronger ain't right. Biz Markie? Eddie Murphy? Hot Chocolate? I could listen to those all day while being waterboarded in a shipping container with a strobe light.

Nah... Pure Hell... The kind that grabs a hold of your soul and never lets go... The kind of suffering that nobody else will ever understand.. That belongs to the poor schmucks who made the mistake of becoming studio owners and audio engineers.

Son, I'm telling you I willingly sing Little Miss Can't Be Wrong to myself to try and erase certain amateur singer-songwriters' songs out of my head that I've recorded. Songs that only the girlfriends and family members of the artists have been subjected to.

The most fatal earworms are the one's you can't really explain or share with anyone else. They're like rare diseases that doctors haven't even encountered yet. There is no cure, no relief, from thesis songs. You can't even lessen their effects with mockery because so few people, if any, have heard them.

Nobody but you... you and their creator. Like demons sent from the underworld with a vile infection they whisper in your ear.

These are the songs that really haunt my dreams.

^ YUP! Shawn brought the heat...

Both of these gems are the epitome of an ear worm...However, the Focus ear worm is one of legend! You know, as in the only cure involves a straight razor, a bottle of liquor and a hot bath...what? It's true! o_O

Last edited:
Back