The daily earworm...

Discussion in 'Artists & Music' started by flux, Oct 11, 2017.

1. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Just learning this

flux and ScottR like this.
  2. ScottR

ScottR If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.

I forgot I included that...busted. I actually did py for three lessons. This guy, I was told, was this amazing guitarist/music teacher. I should have known that the very small pond I have to fish from here in Runforrestrun Alabama, could only yield so much...I reeeaaally, should have remembered that... I was so full of hope, that was at least until he whipped out the Tele and started twanging out the Dukes of Hazard Theme Song:eek:...At that very moment, all hope did what I so badly wanted to do...it ran away arms flailing and crying like a little girl! So, that's how my lesson (singular) started and ended, with permanent mental scars and a Hundo less in my pocket:( Now excuse me, I have to go practice my scales and figure out how tell him how the sherpas found my frozen body at the summit and thawed me out with moonshine and Waylon Jennings back at basecamp. You know if I ever run into him... While in out driving the General Lee.... I'll take the tuner thank you... oh and your Archon...Because lesson shaming is hurtful:oops:...and expensive :D

3. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs

Oh no, I wasn't shaming your teacher. Just the fact that you were trying to get all fancy on us. If you're in Alabama and he was playing Dukes of Hazzerd, just keep takin' them there lessons!

I'm more old school Pink Floyd and all... "we don't need no, edumacation...."

ScottR likes this.
  4. ScottR

As they say round these here...That old feller ain't right ...is he:confused:

Don't get me started in the whole Gilmour thing the man is one of my 2 all time guitar heros and of course Lifeson...no edumcation is needed in these here parts! :confused:

DreamTheaterRules likes this.
  5. flux

flux 594 & CU24

Hoo what a day. Flecktones saved me from re-enacting about 25 minutes of Falling Down on the I-5 today, now it's stuck. But it's perfect for the vibe right now so I'm totally rolling with it.
    (This is killer w/phones on...)

ScottR and bodia like this.
  6. alantig

alantig Sassyless pants

At my previous job, one of my friends happened to come by while I was listening to Sheena Easton's "Morning Train". He said, "You [email protected]@rd - I hate this song. Now it's going to be stuck in my head all day." So I called him a couple times and played the chorus. A day or two later, after he stopped answering when I called, I remembered I could send him a voicemail message without actually calling him. So that kept me amused for a couple days. Then I found out I could schedule a voicemail message.

Repeatedly.

Oh my.

So he got a voicemail with the chorus. Every day. For about two years - until he made friends w/someone in telecomm and they threatened to take my voicemail away. Even then, I debated.

I need to send this to him again. Wonder if it'll have more impact 20 years later...

charliefrench, flux, bodia and 4 others like this.
  7. ScottR

I like your style man! However, I might have been a bit more committed to it...for example, I would have started sending it to Telecomm from his phone while he was away from his desk, tell them that you didn't want to say anything because you were afraid of his threats of retaliation...you know, you just didn't want to provoke the guy because he is terribly unstable...or how he handed you a bag of makeup and said..."here put this on Sheena" and walked away with a creepy wink, I could go on but you get it...next level Fight Club kinda stuff...but that's just me...;) anything in life worth doing is worth over doing...kinda thing. You're welcome:D

8. alantig

alantig Sassyless pants

We were pretty cruel to him. When he was suffering from vertigo, we used to sit in his office and sway and watch his eyes glaze over. He's also very anal about how his stuff is arranged, so we'd casually move stuff on his desk, then he'd casually move it back, so we'd casually move it again. All during a conversation. Until he'd snap and yell, "Get the hell out of my office!"

That really was a fun group of people to work with. No one was safe. We all had a blast torturing each other, and when it was your turn in the spotlight, all you could do was think of how to put the attention on someone else.

charliefrench and ScottR like this.
  9. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

We used to do this stuff to a guy too. When he got let go, he threatened to come back with a hand grenade. Badges and locked revolving doors from that day forward. Gotta pic your targets carefully.

ScottR likes this.
  10. flux

flux 594 & CU24

We worked with a guy in the 90s who was so obsessed with his pager (when they were a thing) and making sure everybody knew he had one. We started taking turns blowing it up at all hours with random numbers from the Yellow Pages. It started really freaking him out after a while and I started to feel guilty. Then he got a second pager and the behavior and cycle resumed...

bodia and ScottR like this.
  11. ScottR

This guy...

flux and bodia like this.
  12. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

I woke up this morning with “Big. Machine” by Velvet Revolver going thru my head. I’ve been playing that song, and now the chorus riff is stuck on repeat.

flux and ScottR like this.
  13. toothace

toothace At least I'm good at dentistry

Heard this at work this morning, played the video about a half hour ago...still hearing it...make it stop!!

#53 toothace, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    ScottR likes this.
  14. Alan Manning

Alan Manning Well Love a Duck Mary Poppins.!!!

Just woke up with Nancy Wilson belting out Crazy On You in my head. This is one I don't mind.
    (Disclaimer). When I said I woke up with what I meant was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

ScottR likes this.
  15. bodia

Could be worse songs stuck....

ScottR likes this.
  16. flux

flux 594 & CU24

Well, that's what I get for flipping on the FM classic rock station. Stuck AF.

ScottR likes this.
  17. bodia

It could be worse. Going on three days......

ScottR and alantig like this.
  18. flux

flux 594 & CU24

Oh hell, that's terrible. Let's try and dislodge that sucker:

bodia likes this.
  19. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Silver pants make me wanna dance.

That damn “Time In A Bottle” song popped into my head... why?

20. veinbuster

veinbuster Coming of age

Just toss that sucker in the river.