The CU24 - Always A Righteous Instrument

Agreed, they are amazing guitars. They work well for modern metal too if you slam them with a compressor and then use just a little bit of gain. I've used my CU24 with stock pickups this way to record metal without any issues.

Love them, especially mine with the F-hole. There's something so comfortable about it. Just feels and sounds like home.

lDTCzdt.jpg

I event found the CU24 for me yet... Well I have but it's that SE Orianthi which is low-rent and has a different wood combo, perhaps I'll run across a WL run with the same combo some day.

But damn, I've wanted to find the one for nearly 25 years. That VY you're sportin' looks incredible, Les.

Thanks Serg!

I haven't found the CU24 for me either. Considering it's what catapulted them to forefront I always found it interesting that I always preferred their 22 fret models. But that's just me.

Yes, that CU24 looks incredible Les! You've always had good taste.

Thanks jcha! You should hear how good it sounds in person!

My first PRS my mom bought me in highschool after my sister died is my still my number one. yep, my 96 custom 24. Though I've installed a floyd rose, 59/09 pickups and among other things, I've always felt this guitar was the best for me. I never thought that the original hfs/vintage bass were bad pickups, quite contrary - I was in a metal band at the time and they were perfect for that style of music. My style changed and the guitar changed with me. I remember right before my mom bought me the guitar, me asking if I could get a se Santana that I saw at a pawn shop. My mom looked at the price tag and saw it was cheaper than the expensive GS PRS/ Gibson guitars and said "we are not rich to buy cheap stuff" lol.
Later I found my custom24 and she bought it for me. She still brings up the fact that she bought me my first PRS and that I love it the most out of all my others. Actually she also brings up that the guitar was far better than my first guitar (BC Rich warlock) that my dad (at the time split) had got me. I love this guitar and how my hands and soul just lock, music is so much easier to play :)

PGu06aW.jpg

My first PRS my mom bought me in highschool after my sister died is my still my number one. yep, my 96 custom 24. Though I've installed a floyd rose, 59/09 pickups and among other things, I've always felt this guitar was the best for me. I never thought that the original hfs/vintage bass were bad pickups, quite contrary - I was in a metal band at the time and they were perfect for that style of music. My style changed and the guitar changed with me. I remember right before my mom bought me the guitar, me asking if I could get a se Santana that I saw at a pawn shop. My mom looked at the price tag and saw it was cheaper than the expensive GS PRS/ Gibson guitars and said "we are not rich to buy cheap stuff" lol.
Later I found my custom24 and she bought it for me. She still brings up the fact that she bought me my first PRS and that I love it the most out of all my others. Actually she also brings up that the guitar was far better than my first guitar (BC Rich warlock) that my dad (at the time split) had got me. I love this guitar and how my hands and soul just lock, music is so much easier to play :)

PGu06aW.jpg

Love the story! Did you install the Floyd yourself?

Love the story! Did you install the Floyd yourself?

Thanks and No way! I paid a professional, I've only played with the idea of doing my own floyd roses recently. Making the decision to install a floyd rose in this guitar was probably the most nerve racking experience of my life. :rolleyes:
Hey Les, let's get a floyd rose for yours! jk!
Very sweet custom24 you have there. I've probably saved the picture every time you post it :oops:

Thanks and No way! I paid a professional, I've only played with the idea of doing my own floyd roses recently. Making the decision to install a floyd rose in this guitar was probably the most nerve racking experience of my life. :rolleyes:
Hey Les, let's get a floyd rose for yours! jk!
Very sweet custom24 you have there. I've probably saved the picture every time you post it :oops:

Thanks, mon! My playing style doesn't involve enough whammy to make a Floyd a need, but I admire your stones in modding that guitar, it looks great!

Back