The cruelest words

I recently had a (non-guitar-related) package leave NJ, spend 4 days in Vegas, and then show up here in the CHIburbs.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas - but what trouble an under-desk mini elliptical could have gotten into taxes the imagination.

"UNDELIVERABLE- RESCHEDULED FOR NEXT BUSINESS DAY REASON: WEATHER DELAY":mad:

It was sunny and 55, and the Bills were in the playoffs to go to the Superbowl. Weather delay my @$$!

So, would you like that in cheeseburgers, or that Chateau de la Mouffette I've been saving?

"Delivered"

Then you realize it was "delivered" elsewhere...

That's happened a couple times I can count. Several frantic calls to USPS, telling me the carrier delivered to my mailbox, but nothing's in my mailbox, nothing on my doorstep.

3 hours later, I check my newspaper box hanging next to my front door.

Ever feel like a schmoe for blaming USPS for not delivering, but they just hid things a little on you? I plead the 5th, your honor.

How about when it gets delivered to your neighbor and you have to combine the UPS guy it’s your guitar before he leaves? That just happened to me! (The street number was wrong on it)
A couple of years ago I got an ‘left at front door’ notice.
It wasn’t, so Mrs and I trolled the street to try and find what door it was left at. During a blizzard.
Luckily I guessed the driver was dyslexic when reading the address: 228 instead of 282. No one was home, so I just walked away with it.

Last edited:
How about when it gets delivered to your neighbor and you have to combine the UPS guy it’s your guitar before he leaves? That just happened to me! (The street number was wrong on it)
I can relate. My neighbor was expecting either an iPad or laptop to be delivered from Amazon and asked me if I could grab it off his porch. I see the Amazon guy pull up, walk to about 10 feet from the door, and toss the box onto the porch. I went out to get it and he started yelling at me, telling me I couldn't touch the box. I told him that my neighbor asked me to hold it for him since it was an expensive electronics device. Didn't matter to him. He kept at it. I asked him what my neighbor would think when I told him that you threw it on to the porch. I got a dirty look, and he got in his van and drove off.

I can relate. My neighbor was expecting either an iPad or laptop to be delivered from Amazon and asked me if I could grab it off his porch. I see the Amazon guy pull up, walk to about 10 feet from the door, and toss the box onto the porch. I went out to get it and he started yelling at me, telling me I couldn't touch the box. I told him that my neighbor asked me to hold it for him since it was an expensive electronics device. Didn't matter to him. He kept at it. I asked him what my neighbor would think when I told him that you threw it on to the porch. I got a dirty look, and he got in his van and drove off.
Was the drivers name Dragon in Paris?:rolleyes::D:p

Back