The Brown guitar thread!

Kinda brown...pic doesn't do it justice. And again...hands down, the most special guitar I've ever owned!!;)
FnktWzS.jpg

JeFvdRm.jpg

How do you like your Hartungs? I have a couple which are true works of art, but I can’t bond with them.
True about works of art. Hard to make a blanket statement. I would say the Sephir is possibly THE "Les Paul" I always dreamed of. If I had to choose, I may well take that one over my Orca 59 and a couple Private Stock Singlecuts. And the goldtop Embrace (Worntage 57) makes me just as happy, though not quite in a purely "traditional" look. The "simple" Junico is a pure classic. In some ways better than the Huber Krautster, if not quite as much the flat out rocker.

FWIW, I seem to drift to longer (25.5") scales recently, so I tend to go to such as the Dolphin more often. I do think the Hartungs have a bit more "personality" than the Hubers, for example.

True about works of art. Hard to make a blanket statement. I would say the Sephir is possibly THE "Les Paul" I always dreamed of. If I had to choose, I may well take that one over my Orca 59 and a couple Private Stock Singlecuts. And the goldtop Embrace (Worntage 57) makes me just as happy, though not quite in a purely "traditional" look. The "simple" Junico is a pure classic. In some ways better than the Huber Krautster, if not quite as much the flat out rocker.

FWIW, I seem to drift to longer (25.5") scales recently, so I tend to go to such as the Dolphin more often. I do think the Hartungs have a bit more "personality" than the Hubers, for example.
Always wanted to try a Hartung to compare with my Orca Trem. Is the Sephir 24.75” scale length?

Always wanted to try a Hartung to compare with my Orca Trem. Is the Sephir 24.75” scale length?
We are in the same time zone. Perhaps we can get together sometime in the more settled future. FWIW, I have one more Sephir than I "need". Never can tell.....We might find some things we can trade!

Last edited:
Back