The Big Grab (Part 2 of 4)

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
In part 1 of 4, I promised to populate the last four 'placeholders' in my harem thread. Though I didn't get any direct sunlight for photographs today, I did manage to grab a few decent images. I will certainly need some sunshine for installment 3 (coming Thursday).

2006 Tremonti Tribal #96/100

Unique and one-off production guitars really get my attention. PRS kind of lost me with all the limited edition runs but this model, like the 1980 West Street LTD, the Walnut LTD, and the Thinline SC-J, just stood out from the rest.

This is a huge guitar. It's easily as thick as a Les Paul. Thicker? I'll measure some time. The neck is positively gargantuan. I wanna say that this is a Santana neck carve but it could be my mind playing tricks on me because this bad-mamma-jamma H-E-A-V-Y. That is no joke, people. It must weigh, and I'm guessing (because I only have a bathroom scale) it weighs somewhere around 500 pounds. I mean, come on... I am all about heavy guitars when you want to conjure the beast but this guitar is the next best thing to an actual battle axe if you're in a fight for your life with zombies. But don't take that as a complaint. When this guitar is hanging around my neck, that heft feels right as rain.

Another thing that I didn't realize about the Tremonti Tribal is the pearl in the finish. I had always assumed, in err, that they were just black guitars with a white graphic. Not so. There is a distinct white pearl in the finish that looks very much like the white pearl finish that PRS used way back in the day. It really pops when the light hits it just so.

Finally, the volume knobs are swapped. Is that stock for this model? To be clear, the volume knob for the neck pup is forward and the volume knob for the bridge pup is back. I have to say, it's ideal. I don't accidentally hit the volume knob and turn it down when I'm being a goof-ball , leaning way back, pretending I'm a rock-star. Judge me all you want. The pups are super hot on this guitar. I loaded it with 11's and dropped it 1/2 step. Wanking is mandatory.

\m/ \m/

Tremonti_Tribal_Front_zps3hmvi8bh.png

TremontiTribal_Back_zpsoj1i64um.png

Tremonti_Tribal_Headstock_zpswpaspb8n.png

Tremonti_Tribal_SN_zpsq32byjaq.png

Tremonti_Tribal_Inlay_zpso6fn9ygo.png

Tremonti_Tribal_Pearl_zpshegvtwsn.png

Last edited:
Diggin' it! That one needs to be rocked, and rocked hard! \m/

BTW, nuthin' wrong with heavy as a slab....keeps you grounded on windy days!

I always thought it was a decal too Hans! This is such an interesting run, just because they're different from the Sig model (stoptail, no wide thin etc).

Fantastic addition to the Harem, although the Harem analogy makes for interesting mental images when you consider this guitar! A heavily tattooed Amazon springs to mind...

Really interested to see how thick it is, I'll put it in my completely failed PRS body thickness thread! :)

Another rad guitar. The Big Grab is proving to be the stuff of legend. Two down and two more on the way. Your collection is pretty wide so I have no idea what to expect and I like it. Congrats on another fine guitar.

I love the adjustable stoptail and the .011 callout! Nice combo. I also dig how the header just bears the tribal graphic. That's a seriously humble salute to the artist, as Tremonti's is the only name on this guitar. Looks badass.

I'm not a singlecut guy...but if I was I would be proud to get loud with that tasty slab-o-hard-rockin' goodness. Most excellent, my man!

I was browsing this thread last night, with my fiancee sitting beside me (because we were also browsing for other stuff), and when she saw just the headstock she said "wow, that is beautiful!"

So yeah, that's a stunner!

A quick look around the web showed none for sale - thought I might have had an easy "go ahead babe, it's gonna be beautiful" transaction...oh well. She also liked some other PRSi with lovely quilt tops as we browsed VR, though...

BOOM! Nice Hans - I never knew the white was pearl either. Really interested if it measures to be thicker. Maybe the weight is playing mind games with you?

Back