The best that isn’t yours

I would guess it’s an older guitar, and a special one if Paul was attending to it. Celtic knots were made unavailable since the launch of the Collection Series sometime 2011. And that’s the unmistakable European maple top and stain of the Violin 1 run which was like a 2009/2010 ish timeline. PRS did not have many of these European maple tops outside of the Violin 1 run. These maple tops have a unique “loops within the flame” look. I’m guessing this was some special one-off guitar that had its trem upgraded.
The earlier PS McCarty Singlecut series run had these type of tops too

With dropped tunings I can see that -RW with have more pronounced highs and lows, but still retain the mids. Hog neck will be more mid heavy tone wise. Maple might emphasize more mid and upper mids.
Might work for me but my other guitar player usually has the more V shape eq in his tone while I generally carry more mids since I do more of the color, icing on the cake melodies and such. Doesn’t really matter since it’s not in the budget anyway.

5-A46-CCAE-F4-A2-4-AA6-ADE7-001727-C0-CF92.png

How is one supposed to rate a guitar as “best that isn’t yours” without playing it? I think too many members here get hung up on the way these guitars look when the real art of the thing is how it helps the player make music.

How is one supposed to rate a guitar as “best that isn’t yours” without playing it? I think too many members here get hung up on the way these guitars look when the real art of the thing is how it helps the player make music.
They’re all PRS - they will all play great and make great music to whomever is lucky and fortunate enough to own them! :)

True, and what you say has the makings of another killer thread.

But the context of this thread is already unabashed declared in the opening post “What are the most amazing guitars you’ve ever seen that isn’t yours?”

They’re all PRS - they will all play great and make great music to whomever is lucky and fortunate enough to own them! :)

I like PRS but everything PRS is not golden.

True, and what you say has the makings of another killer thread.

But the context of this thread is already unabashed declared in the opening post “What are the most amazing guitars you’ve ever seen that isn’t yours?”

Based upon the premise of the OP, the great majority of the guitars posted here are private stocks. While you state “everything PRS is not golden,” I have never played a bad-playing PRS PS. For that matter, I have enough confidence in core models to order one sight unseen; which isn’t a statement I’d make about other guitar companies’ core models. Therefore, I believe intent the OP’s thread, was to show the unique physical beauty of these instruments.

Back