The best that isn’t yours

Golden Sunrise - wish I can lay my mitts on this six string beauty! Yeah, a trem!

28-AACD54-DC39-4-F2-E-BDA2-44424-C08-D925.jpg

31-FBDAA8-E0-C8-4931-8-AC9-09390-E6115-D4.jpg
BamWham!! What is that? European maple top with cleric knots ala violin guitar? One-off Violin Trem? Done in the style of the Violin and Paul’s 28 Super Runs. It’s either a recent guitar or it’s undergone a Trem renewal!

Almost went for that one myself...timing was just wrong.

I love that the PS certificate says “exceptional grade quilt”....it certainly is!!!
I was totally enamoured with that PS certificate statement too. I remember it as “Paul’s extraordinary quilt” or something like that.

A dealer told me Kingwood is like ancient Brazilian RW, maybe more dense? Few I’ve seen weigh a ton!
Interestingly, I’m still unsure whether rosewood works for me as a neck wood for the bulk of my tone preference.:confused: I did read that Kingwood is similar to Brazilian though.

https://www.wood-database.com/kingwood/

“Considered a true rosewood in the Dalbergia genus, Kingwood is among the densest (and probably strongest) of all the rosewoods. There is very little mechanical data available on Kingwood, though given its weight, and its relation to other rosewoods, it’s likely to be extremely stiff, strong, and stable.

In terms of its history, Kingwood supposedly got its name from several French kings (Louis XIV and Louis XV) that preferred the wood in the use of fine furniture.”

6X22jHX3eGrZ8v7zuyRwc04Rawu09pIsuOI1FC5lwg6VzuXdafPk_Fny4vjDo2WZIeSvBDUt4dmFVciEB1bP6Ipvo8-UY8n2jNGj0DkgQcHvHETGT4tNu5Ki7uI8KdvW4_UkU9JsYsmw7bVkqY5KIbQOQbr44FB5vcYUjLOSZrTlt1BALYFYjJ7s5d1Sbmjly_wt0CoExUOCuGZBn29IZ5HPvDi4cM62wS4Nnag-6W1SCX6svpZJqsfuhYlLXeluZlZ3LCaspag6JZiMFIVcrSZ5M1iG_c9iMMiZk8kaAvlZS5gTbSjnyTLdlLwSrxzmTABedB1iViUeb99t2aakQylJQu5hvEmqv-2fEcRsJhmTwY_0cuWj8PvgP-00OuSzhlTdg7G0NeKQ1faRGeF6wubECi-W_40tzz3IqmKNqvqXpKEWhnhYhHX4uUswZ58s2R4rSAjwCNbNWxgGTgqNUdSIYWv4Y5ZxiRDivkDlH5QVDhijxTM31Rb78Jor8j20gZh9MQEupjKdqSKjmetOO0JXDW8qXZ-nW5tBlHgQon_75IKI5kbuK95FsbSVbIUqOzvppD9ouKLnD0DzDtjKOzJspusV1Ye5RcG1Jdw3n9o1LzqbziiUMi9F43srQQg11fGmJpcIBamdTzppkpsDqEw7dzH3hoY=w1273-h955-no

One of these is on my list, if I find one when I have the money, it's mine.

BamWham!! What is that? European maple top with cleric knots ala violin guitar? One-off Violin Trem? Done in the style of the Violin and Paul’s 28 Super Runs. It’s either a recent guitar or it’s undergone a Trem renewal!
Pic from Aug 2016. At the time I was hoping it was the next Collection Series run after the Aqua Violet series. No dice! :(

Interestingly, I’m still unsure whether rosewood works for me as a neck wood for the bulk of my tone preference.:confused: I did read that Kingwood is similar to Brazilian though.
With dropped tunings I can see that -RW with have more pronounced highs and lows, but still retain the mids. Hog neck will be more mid heavy tone wise. Maple might emphasize more mid and upper mids.

Pic from Aug 2016. At the time I was hoping it was the next Collection Series run after the Aqua Violet series. No dice! :(
I would guess it’s an older guitar, and a special one if Paul was attending to it. Celtic knots were made unavailable since the launch of the Collection Series sometime 2011. And that’s the unmistakable European maple top and stain of the Violin 1 run which was like a 2009/2010 ish timeline. PRS did not have many of these European maple tops outside of the Violin 1 run. These maple tops have a unique “loops within the flame” look. I’m guessing this was some special one-off guitar that had its trem upgraded.

THESE JUST GETS ME IN THE FEELS.

PRS_Private_Stock_4_LQ_-7_grande.jpg

PRS_15222930_012_1.jpg
I nearly traded for the Lark Bahama Blue Glow McCarty - had a solid Braz neck! They did a video for me through the Lerxst Chi amp to demo some nice crunch tones :) but I couldn’t make the math work on my end. Worked out in the end, as it turned into my custom build PS.

Back