The best that isn’t yours

It also definitively answers the eternal question “What do you wear with a blue guitar?”
Blue on blue on faded blue jeans...layer that $h!t!!!

Mr. Moss obviously just came from his daughter’s wedding in that pic. :p

How could I forgot this one?

One of those tops you find in the vault and refuse to put down until the order is done. That tree was just pissed off.

If the owner is out there lurking, I have a message for you:

DIBS!

And I don’t say that often or lightly. There have been some nice guitars posted here, so why this one? I’m a wood guy, but I like unique. There are lots of nice uniform flame tops, but this one is a fingerprint. One has to look through a lot of maple tops to find mother nature’s art like this. Give me that cool anomaly.

Thanks guys!
You picked 2 of my 3 “Earth Mother/Goddess” series of Private Stocks. They were each done with a different wood natural finish top, with Brazilian necks. You picked the Greek and Roman goddesses (“Gaia”-Koa and “Terra”-Spalted)...guess the Egyptian goddess, Isis, my cocobolo Santana didn’t make as good an impression. I have to post a thread on those 3 one of these days.
I was saving that Coco goddess for tomorrow :)

It’s tomorrow somewhere...

Love cocobolo!
293541-D7-BE5-E-4018-9079-D559681-D235-A.jpg

8-F96-B6-BA-C5-F8-45-F2-8301-B5-C70-FFB4-BEE.jpg

If the owner is out there lurking, I have a message for you:

DIBS!

And I don’t say that often or lightly. There have been some nice guitars posted here, so why this one? I’m a wood guy, but I like unique. There are lots of nice uniform flame tops, but this one is a fingerprint. One has to look through a lot of maple tops to find mother nature’s art like this. Give me that cool anomaly.
How much wood could a wood guy, ah, never mind :D

Sept GOTM from 2018
SCT 24 in Gold Leaf

This one is still available at Willcutts.

To quote Ferris Bueller, “Its so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.” :D

0-EC95-B33-DE1-E-43-D9-8-D3-C-CD35-DBB757-F2.png

D1-D57-A75-2718-42-E8-8880-328-C7-D3379-C9.png

AB81-BC9-F-4-E0-C-4-BD9-8335-96-B1-D511-EF62.png
LOL ah yes that’s true, he already has one to his name! What I really meant was taking the Santana body shape and making it a singlecut. Hmm now that’s an idea for a new PS!

LOL ah yes that’s true, he already has one to his name! What I really meant was taking the Santana body shape and making it a singlecut. Hmm now that’s an idea for a new PS!
Ha! That would be something, but quite an upcharge!

Ha! That would be something, but quite an upcharge!
I’m looking at the Santana’s you posted above, and using my pinky to obscure the left cutaway, and then imagine what it would look like. I must say, I LIKE what I see!! It would look more Les Paulish because of the more rounded bottom curves, but totally unique!

Back