The best PRS you have seen!

Rule six:

hqdefault.jpg

There is NOOOOOOO rule six!!!!

Mind if we call you Bruce, then, just to keep it straight?

I want this thread to become GAS central, post a (single/one/uno) picture of the best PRS guitar you have seen.

I will start with

1_A.jpg

It needs an ebony fretboard in my opinion, but to this day it remains the best top I have ever seen on a guitar.

WOW, just WOW! That is the best one so far! What do you call that finish and color?

550683_3764014863864_181303569_n.jpg

PS#3833 DC245 TREM, rosewood neck, obeche body, maple bound neck, 57/08's.

What's not to like?

Sold hours after I posted this pic online. :-(

Wasn't in position to buy the one time it was for sale used.

Now stuck in Howard Leese' personal collection, permanently, according to Mr. Leese.

That one is a GREAT guitar! Glad to hear Howard says it is a keeper. As I posted my other post on the thread re Howard's Gear, I spec'ed another one today at the Wood Library, inspired by this one, a DC 245 Trem.

P.S. Sorry I have been gone for a while! Back now. ;)

Just about everything I've seen in person is stuff I have....but in terms of pure real live beauty, this one is as good as it gets.....

SCT-4_zps750f7ec4.jpg

Yup, that is good one! That, and its DC sibling! ;)

Glad those two found a great home with a talented player and a terrific collection of amps to play through...

So many great tops, it's extremely hard to pick just one...One that does come to mind is one of 11tops, the one that some said should be sent back but then made the calendar that year, it was a single cut. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it.

I do like the more unsual or at least character tops. Like this one...

183835-2.jpg

This thread is enough to make a grown man cry...

Personally, there was an ME1 in faded blue jean at a local store here for several years that I lusted for every time I saw it...and I have made the decision to chase one of those now since i am once again playing PRS after nearly a 23 year break ;-)

For ones that I've actually had my hands on, my Brent Mason (my avatar pic). Just a normal Brent Mason, but with a rosewood fingerboard.
The coolest one I've ever seen a pic of is a Private Stock Brent Mason that Brian's Guitars has. Blue flame top, no pickguard, flame maple fingerboard--gorgeous! Way more than I can afford, but, boy, is it nice!

Last edited:
So many great tops, it's extremely hard to pick just one...One that does come to mind is one of 11tops, the one that some said should be sent back but then made the calendar that year, it was a single cut. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it.

I do like the more unsual or at least character tops.

Thanks SD7! I was pretty excited over this top.

Last edited:
I need more data on this guitar? Anyone have the specs on this? That p90 bridgebucker is killing it! Custom from where???????
+1
Errrmaageerdd!!! Whomever commissioned this is a f@cking SUPERSTAR!!!!!! Everybody else is doing their PS wrong.

+1
Errrmaageerdd!!! Whomever commissioned this is a f@cking SUPERSTAR!!!!!! Everybody else is doing their PS wrong.

How dare you. My next PS build is going to be the chugga chugga madness :rock:. That P90 bucker is pretty sweet though.

Back