The best concert experience you've ever had?

We got to see John Hartford and his son Jayme at a small venue.

John was an amazing writer, banjo player and fiddle player, Jayme has incredible taste backing up John on his mandolin.

Got to meet and greet afterwards, we left with huge smiles on our faces.

The greatest concert I ever attended was at my college in 1992 when the Ramones headlined a show with Social Distortion (and some other crappy band called Overwhelming Colorfast) opening up. When Social Distortion took to the stage, they damn near blew the roof off the auditorium and by the time the Ramones came on, it turned into full blown mayhem and it was amazing. I also hooked up with a very hot girl after the show but that's another story lol. From my understanding, that concert was the last one of that kind that Ferris State University ever allowed to host because the amount of damage that was done to Williams Auditorium. Seats were ripped out of their mountings, the curtain was ripped up and the place even had to be fumigated because of all the pot smoke and spilled beer. I have been to many shows in my life but that one will always be the one that stands out as the greatest of all time.

Last edited:
You won't believe it, but I was one of the 200000 lucky people to have seen AC/DC at River Plate in 2009. I got to see Angus Young's duckwalk in real life! That was incredible, probably the most memorable moment of my life! He's been my idol ever since I started listening to AC/DC, and it was a dream come true to see those guys alive! I am now a musician myself, not as famous as Angus Young, obviously, but I hope that I'll get to perform in front of 200000 people one day. Until then, my band and I perform in front of groups of 100-200 people at different local festivals. We're currently looking for a company that offers sound hire services since we've got an outdoor concert coming soon! Any help will be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Wow, what a plethora of great stories! Glad @BlancaColucci revived this thread, I had never seen it ;~))

To stay true to the OP instructions, I will forego all the stories of who I met, limit my choice to a single event and give the props to Frank Zappa - 1984 - Wisconsin State Fair Park. He had been (for 10 years at that time), and still is, God to me musically, and this was also my first concert ever. He was wearing a pink jumpsuit, and a full moon came up orange behind the stage shortly after the concert started. Chills rolling up my spine as I describe it! Needless to say, the performance was flawless and the memory has brought smiles to me for decades!

Music is the Best!!!
MW

So many shows and incredible experiences over the years its hard to pick just one.
But the man said one so the one I would pick...
Kiss 1996 Reunion Tour Madison Square Garden 2nd night of a 4 night run.
Flew to NY to meet up with my longtime friend and ex drummer who lived in Jersey.
We get into the city early that night and we are walking outside Madison Square Garden when Sebastian Bach walks right by us.
I look at my buddy and say that's Sebastian Bach, he tells me B.S. so we both turn around and catch up to him.
Nobody really paying attention to him at all so we start talking and all of a sudden MTV camera men and a reporter surround us, the reporter throws a mic in Sebastian's face and starts interviewing him. Sebastian looks at her and says get that mic out of my face can't you see I am talking with my fans here. I will never forget that, he is a total class act.
The Kiss show was magical but there was one moment that to this day still makes the hair on my arms stand up when I think about.
The house lights went down, Ace & Paul play the intro to Rock Bottom while blue & purple lights stream across the crowd and I completely lose it like a 3 year old who just lost his dog..
Original Lineup In Makeup At Madison Square Garden = Magic!!!

So many shows and incredible experiences over the years its hard to pick just one.
Flew to NY to meet up with my longtime friend and ex drummer who lived in Jersey.
We get into the city early that night and we are walking outside Madison Square Garden when Sebastian Bach walks right by us.
I look at my buddy and say that's Sebastian Bach, he tells me B.S. so we both turn around and catch up to him.
Nobody really paying attention to him at all so we start talking and all of a sudden MTV camera men and a reporter surround us, the reporter throws a mic in Sebastian's face and starts interviewing him. Sebastian looks at her and says get that mic out of my face can't you see I am talking with my fans here. I will never forget that, he is a total class act.
The Kiss show was magical but there was one moment that to this day still makes the hair on my arms stand up when I think about.
The house lights went down, Ace & Paul play the intro to Rock Bottom while blue & purple lights stream across the crowd and I completely lose it like a 3 year old who just lost his dog..
Nice! I was at the opening and closing nights.

Nice! I saw 4 shows on that tour. Just. Killer.

\m/
I got to catch them 4 times as well... We were lucky enough to score 2nd row right side in front of Ace at one of the shows.
Likewise. Peoria, IL. 2nd row on Ace's side, but right in front of the PA. My ears rang for days. On the Psycho Circus tour we had tickets dead center, in the 3rd row. Our seats were under the hanging PA, so all we could really here was the stage volume. One of the best sounding shows I've ever been to.

Thats killer!!
Had tickets for Psycho Circus Tour In FT Lauderdale.. They cancelled the concert because they needed time to rehearse for the Superbowl halftime show they played in Miami and they never rescheduled...

My fave was seeing Metallica in 2005. It was the Madly In Anger With The World tour in Ft Lauderdale/Sunrise Florida. So it wasn't directly supporting St. Anger and they did mostly older songs. I was a senior in high school and I was pretty nervous about being in general admission and either getting kicked in the head or not being able to see anything. I want to go to a concert to see/hear the band, I'm not there for the moshing, or overpriced merch/food/drink! My friend and I were really fortunate though, since the venue was a hockey arena and the stage was a square in the center, there were 2 large crowd areas on the ends, and 2 thin strips on the sides. My buddy and I got to watch the whole show in the front row of general admission/standing in the center. Couldn't get any better view. Pretty sure James Hetfield spit on us lol. They were my favorite band and a huge guitar inspiration, so it was pretty epic!
If it were nowadays, im sure I would have some great pics/cell phone videos!

1976 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium front row balcony. Thin Lizzy with Brian Robinson and Scott G. was awesome. Phil's bass was also stolen that night after the show. WTH... I believe he got it back though. What a show, Still have my ticket stub....

Grateful Dead 1988 Rosemont Horizon, haven't gotten off the Bus yet.

After that...I've been to shitloads...Black Sabbath 2016 Tinley Park was a-maz-ing!

Back