The Beatles: Get Back

I'm about halfway through ep 2. I'm not a Beatles obsessive, but man, getting to watch the greatest band work their process is like a little piece of heaven for me. I geek out over these behind the scenes things, and other than a few band I don't care for, I'll watch just about anybody's in-studio doc. This has been great.

One of the absolute highlights was a bit where they focused on John talking to someone, and in the background you can hear Paul working out "Let It Be". To me, that's like someone catching Beethoven on film when he worked out da-da-da-DUM. And hearing how the different parts of different songs came together.

It's also shown that the alleged hatred they had for Yoko wasn't evident, at least to this point. There have been a couple times where Paul's defended her and John, even saying something like, "It's kind of ridiculous to think in 50 years people are going to say the Beatles broke up because Yoko sat on an amplifier."

One of the absolute highlights was a bit where they focused on John talking to someone, and in the background you can hear Paul working out "Let It Be". To me, that's like someone catching Beethoven on film when he worked out da-da-da-DUM. And hearing how the different parts of different songs came together.
A good one from the Beatles that relates to what you are saying here about hearing a song composed is, Sir Paul retold in an interview a few years back (and maybe prior as well) a story about them touring Germany before they were famous. Their tour partner was Roy Orbison!!! One night as they were rolling down the road in their bus, he said he could hear Roy working out the parts to "Pretty Woman". I am literally getting chills up my spine just thinking about that!!! To hear someone like Roy composing one of the greatest songs of that era! So fun and interesting to hear those stories!!! Looking forward to seeing this documentary, but not subscribing to Disney to do it. I'm gonna "Get Back" to making my own music and will watch this when it is available to me!!!

Back