The Beatles: Get Back

I’ll skip that night. :p But I’m in if you have Showtime, I wanna see the Rick James doc.

Its good. They don’t gloss over the early years - if anything, it’s a bit light in the post-Street Songs era, up until the legal issues. They did a nice job on his relationship with Teena Marie, even though it’s fairly brief.

Its good. They don’t gloss over the early years - if anything, it’s a bit light in the post-Street Songs era, up until the legal issues. They did a nice job on his relationship with Teena Marie, even though it’s fairly brief.

Nice! Yeah, by the title I figured they were gonna be pretty faithful to his… umm… legacy. Either that or it was gonna be in really poor taste.

Curious to hear what people think since I won’t pay for Disney+. I’ve seen a couple of less than positive reviews. Hope that’s not the case.

So far, I've watched the first 2 episodes. Yes, they're long... I broke them up into hour blocks...

It was absolutely fascinating to watch the development of songs...

While waiting for John to show up, Paul was riffing on the bass, playing chords, singing nonsense melodies...

It quickly morphed into "Get Back", with very bizarre anti-immigrant lyrics, which were mocking the Prime Ministers stance at the time. They interspersed clips of the papers and marchers to put it into context.

John would toss out a line whenever Paul got stuck... It's like they were sharing a brain...

And whenever there was a free mic, Yoko would start in with her caterwauling...

And she was ALWAYS THERE! Attached to John's hip, typically reading a magazine...
First time I made a cassette of "Double Fantasy", I chopped all of her stuff out and labelled it "Single Fantasy"! Just can't take listening to most of what she did on that album!! PAINFUL!!!

So far, I've watched the first 2 episodes. Yes, they're long... I broke them up into hour blocks...

It was absolutely fascinating to watch the development of songs...

While waiting for John to show up, Paul was riffing on the bass, playing chords, singing nonsense melodies...

It quickly morphed into "Get Back", with very bizarre anti-immigrant lyrics, which were mocking the Prime Ministers stance at the time. They interspersed clips of the papers and marchers to put it into context.

John would toss out a line whenever Paul got stuck... It's like they were sharing a brain...
They really were like a ying/yang of brain! I saw an interview a few years back with Sir Paul, and he said when they were writing "Getting Better" he had "I got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time" and he was strumming it and singing that part. He said it was all very happy go lucky and he was having fun with it. Then John heard that part and came back with "It couldn't get much worse"!! Total ying/yang brain stuff. They really played well into what the other was doing by providing the counterpart! Incredible stuff, even as simple as it is!!!

Back