The Art of the Vinyl

Motley "Dr. Feelgood".

846070034626.jpg

Lloyd

Probably the greatest LIVE album ever made....yes i'm being sarcastic it's still musically a great album even if it was overdubbed in the studio. :rofl:

Brian Robertson was quoted not long ago as saying the overdubbing stories are overblown. Some fixes, yes, but not to the extent that some have claimed.

This has be wondering how many editions of the Album Cover Album were made. I got the first.
Maybe when I get home I should take a photo of my Bats out of Hell with the cover printed on the album.

By this point, they were barely on speaking terms with each other. It was so bad that this picture was actually pieced together from several different photo sessions because they couldn't stand to be in the same room with each other long enough to get the right shot. Peter was gone by the time the record hit the streets, and Ace followed not long thereafter. The band was never the same to many of their older fans, this one included.

KISS "Dynasty" 1979.

Dynasty++600++600+PNG.png

Goldtop Lloyd

By this point, they were barely on speaking terms with each other. It was so bad that this picture was actually pieced together from several different photo sessions because they couldn't stand to be in the same room with each other long enough to get the right shot. Peter was gone by the time the record hit the streets, and Ace followed not long thereafter. The band was never the same to many of their older fans, this one included.

KISS "Dynasty" 1979.

Dynasty++600++600+PNG.png

Goldtop Lloyd

KISS....a band that blew through hundreds of millions of dollars in gross revenue.....and then earned it back again.

You can go to "Broadway on the Beach" in Myrtle Beach S.C. and buy "KISS Coffee". Wonder how many license agreements they currently have that are bringing in more dough??

Actually, Peter left before/during the next album, "Unmasked". The Dynasty tour was the last to feature the original band until the 1997 reunion. Combined, Peter played on one song on "Dynasty" and "Unmasked" - "Dirty Living".

Which brings us to...

4596527791_kiss-unmasked.jpg

Actually, Peter left before/during the next album, "Unmasked". The Dynasty tour was the last to feature the original band until the 1997 reunion. Combined, Peter played on one song on "Dynasty" and "Unmasked" - "Dirty Living".

There are indeed versions of the story that have it that way. There are also some that have it the way it was in my post. Like so many things, I think it depends on who you believe, what day they said it, which book it came from, etc. Like happens in so many of these situations; was he fired, or did he quit? Outsiders never really know the details, only what the principals choose to tell us on a given day.

As for the music itself on each of these albums, I like a tune or two from each one. "2000 Man", "I Was Made For Lovin' You" (Yes, I admit I liked it), and "Shandi" on "Unmasked". Not rock & roll by any stretch, but I dig it as a power pop tune.

I miss the glory days of KISS. I also miss dollar-a-gallon-gas, but that's another subject... :(

Goldtop Lloyd

KISS....a band that blew through hundreds of millions of dollars in gross revenue.....and then earned it back again.

You can go to "Broadway on the Beach" in Myrtle Beach S.C. and buy "KISS Coffee". Wonder how many license agreements they currently have that are bringing in more dough??

I'll bet if we could ask Gene he could tell us within a few grand either way... I don't like him because he was a jerk to me once, but I respect him from a business standpoint.

Lloyd

Back