The Art of the Vinyl

Tommy+The+Who.png

61OD%2BRXPJzL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

cover_20612192009.jpg

atom-heart-mother-02.jpg

I see the line continued to be pushed and so far it's OK. Hopefully we can all continue to act responsibly

There you have it, ladies and gents. Let's not overtly tax the landlord and stay within the zoning. With so many great album covers out there, we need not poke the bear by posting that Blind Faith cover or that Scorpions cover - you know the ones....

Let the things posted to this point be your guide and err on the safer side of that line....

edit: Mike you just beat me to Tommy....

In my opinion....if it's album art that appeared on the shelves for purchase...than it has no business being censured on this forum. It is art....and if we are we going to start censuring nudity and "offensive topics" than I think we have crossed the line into a state not unlike that of extreme totalitarianism where thought and free speech become the victims and the population is "dumb-ed down" into submission. Glad to see the stuff we've posted remains. Remember...if it was able to be placed on the store's shelf, in full view of anyone...who then has the "right" to say it's inappropriate?

On a related note...I recall that the controversial John Lennon album "Two Virgins" (I won't push the envelope and post it here) was on store shelves as well...but it typically had something blocking the cover so that the full frontal nudity was concealed. OK...rant protecting free speech and the arts is over now. Thanks for the bully pulpit. :vroam:

It's interesting... One thing I thought of with one of the images was 'how was it presented to me when I bought it?'

This album cover always amused me. Probably as much as it bothered Church Ladies in the basement of the rectory...

Aerosmith :: Pump

Aerosmith-Pump.jpg

Posters - Please label your albums if it isn't somewhere on the cover. Some things here are new to me at least and I'd like to know the artist and the album name....

To all those who have posted "concerns" about the Blind Faith Album. You do realize that it was a picture of a pre-pubescent girl, don't you? Nothing erotic at all about that cover. A tempest in a teapot, if you ask me.

To all those who have posted "concerns" about the Blind Faith Album. You do realize that it was a picture of a pre-pubescent girl, don't you? Nothing erotic at all about that cover. A tempest in a teapot, if you ask me.

A tempest assuredly.

In a teapot? Not in this zero-tolerance culture. Posting that cover here or the Scorpion cover for Virgin Killer would violate Federal statutes leading to possible charges against the poster, the mods and the PRS company. A great way to get this forum closed for good and hamper new guitar production for years in my opinion.

I love the Blind Faith cover - it fit the record and fit the times. But the times are different and this forum is not the place to test the law.

You call it censorship. I call it poking a cage of tigers with your bare member...

Similarly, I found the cover for Two Virgins to be tame. They wanted to shock and ended up getting mocked instead. Still, that cover is not one I would post here.

Last edited:

I do not advise anyone to test Bennett’s theory on this. Posting the cover of that Blind Faith album will earn you a lifetime ban from this forum and I’m not joking in any way, shape or form.

I actually googled it to see what the fuss was about, then went into my internet history to make sure that it was removed from there and any and all trace was removed from my pc.....regardless of who the band members were i'm not associating with any of that even if it is just a album cover.

I actually googled it to see what the fuss was about, then went into my internet history to make sure that it was removed from there and any and all trace was removed from my pc.....regardless of who the band members were i'm not associating with any of that even if it is just a album cover.

It's a sign of the times, Darren. It was innocent and not prurient at the time, now not even iTunes will return that cover uncensored when you have it go out and search for album artwork.

There are classic paintings and sculptures by the masters that would earn an artist 30 years in the pen now and a lifetime on the offender's list. No one can prove 'intent', but that's what they convict on none the less.

I do not advise anyone to test Bennett’s theory on this. Posting the cover of that Blind Faith album will earn you a lifetime ban from this forum and I’m not joking in any way, shape or form.

Please folks... This is a great, fun thread, so let's all work together and keep it that way. We're adults, and the boundaries are clear. There are sooooo many great covers to see that are fine, so let's have them.

Lloyd, who is enjoying the walk back through history.

Back