The Art of the Vinyl

Jimi Hendrix Experience :: Kiss The Sky

61Fw0JIceGL.jpg

OK, here's a test. How many of you remember what a 'cut out' album was?

This album was my first 'cut out' purchase as a poor freshman in college:

Yes :: Fragile

yesfragile.jpg

I think so. I hunted down a poster as soon as I saw it. You've got it on shotglasses?! Where'd you find those... I'd have bought them in a heartbeat if i'd spotted them.

I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you Mike. I found the shotglass (I thought I had a pair, but I can only find one at the moment) at a books/music chain called Hastings. I believe they are only in the US. Tell you what: I'm headed to one of their stores tomorrow morning, and I'll ask around and see if they can get more, or if they know whether the glasses are available in the UK, etc.

You may have found a source by now. Again, sorry I am so late here...

Lloyd

OK, here's a test. How many of you remember what a 'cut out' album was?

This album was my first 'cut out' purchase as a poor freshman in college:

Yes :: Fragile

yesfragile.jpg

I'm ancient enough to know about cutouts...

I'm Lloyd, and I'm a dinosaur

My parents were both truckdrivers, and I grew up going all over the country with them. I ended up becomming a truckdriver myself for too many years. Not a life I'd recommend. When I saw this cover I flipped out. This painting of a KW is so realistic (except for the driving through the sky and past the moon of course). I love this art. It brings back so many memories. I've got it hanging in my bedroom today.

I liked the music too. I remember thinking 'these guys are gonna be around awhile.'

"On Through the Night" - Def Leppard

Def%20Leppard%20On%20Through%20The%20Night.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
The copy of this one that I bought was a shiny chrome/foil version rather than the silver they used later. If I'd had any sense I'd have saved it and not opened it; may be worth something today to the right collector. My copy of AC/DC's "Back In Black" was weird too. The words on it were embossed, but it was totally black. There was no thin line around the letters in the band name. And the label on the record was blank. Just a black circle. Again, I probably lost some bucks by opening it and playing it.

Queen "The Game"

queenthegamedeluxe.jpg

Lloyd

I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you Mike. I found the shotglass (I thought I had a pair, but I can only find one at the moment) at a books/music chain called Hastings. I believe they are only in the US. Tell you what: I'm headed to one of their stores tomorrow morning, and I'll ask around and see if they can get more, or if they know whether the glasses are available in the UK, etc.

You may have found a source by now. Again, sorry I am so late here...

Lloyd

Cheers Goldtop, I appreciate it!

Ruger found me a link but they're out of stock and I can't find them for sale in the UK.

I wish I had a copy of this. Even though I don't, I can appreciate the art.

Howard Leese "Secret Weapon"

HOWARD_LEESE_-_Secret_Weapon_artwork.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd

Queen - News Of The World

image_zpsd0541009.jpg

I think this one always got to me because I was never 100% sure how to read the expression on the robots face.

Back