The Art of the Vinyl

To docbennett:

These are great! Thanks for posting them. In the car, is that George Washington behind the wheel with Marilyn by his side?

And that 'Guitars That Destroyed the World'... I've always wanted a copy of that. Congrats.

Lloyd/Goldtop

I would agree that Marilyn is possibly doing something indecent to George (Unless it's Les from one of his "Highlander" incarnations...but for that, you need to read "The guitar, the amp and the studio" thread...and after that, you will have put out your eyes with a sharp stick)!

As far as "Guitars that destroyed the world"...When is your birthday??? Perhaps I can splurge for the $10 on your behalf...no one should yearn for something so easy to obtain....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-The-Guitars-that-Destroyed-the-World-/290864225655?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item43b8dbdd77

I wore this one out and had to buy a second copy. I don't know if it was ever released on CD, but if it was I'd like to have a copy. "Makin' Music" by Roy Clark and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. Recorded on a shoestring in Tulsa Oklahoma, produced by Steve Ripley who later on did Ripley Guitars for EVH and several others. Steve also went on to play in The Tractors.

The good news is there was a CD.

The bad news is it's apparently out of print and/or rare. $86 on Amazon.

I will try to keep an eye out at my local used outlets...

I would agree that Marilyn is possibly doing something indecent to George (Unless it's Les from one of his "Highlander" incarnations...but for that, you need to read "The guitar, the amp and the studio" thread...and after that, you will have put out your eyes with a sharp stick)!

As far as "Guitars that destroyed the world"...When is your birthday??? Perhaps I can splurge for the $10 on your behalf...no one should yearn for something so easy to obtain....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-The-Guitars-that-Destroyed-the-World-/290864225655?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item43b8dbdd77

It never entered my mind that Goerge and Marilyn might be enjoying the ride more than it appears. I guess I'm just that pure and innocent... :vroam:

Thank you about the CD. Better add ignorant to the list too because the last time I looked for it in CD form I was told it wasn't available. I should have checked back again periodically. Now that I know it exists I'll keep an eye open for a copy around here.

Lloyd

Last edited:
The good news is there was a CD.

The bad news is it's apparently out of print and/or rare. $86 on Amazon.

I will try to keep an eye out at my local used outlets...

That's nice of you. Thanks for that. Don't go to a bother, though; maybe I'll be able to dig one up somewhere. That Amazon price is too rich for me!

Lloyd

It never entered my mind that Goerge and Marilyn might be enjoying the ride more than it appears. I guess I'm just that pure and innocent... :vroam:

Thank you about the CD. Better add ignorant to the list too because the last time I looked for it in CD form I was told it wasn't available. I should have checked back again periodically. Now that I know it exists I'll keep an eye open for a copy around here.

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd....in the spirit of the thread....to the best of my knowledge I linked you to vinyl. That ebay listing is for a genyoowine 33 1/3 record album. Not a CD. So..now you can get your very own throwback vinyl. Note that the link I hooked you up with is MUCH cheaper that the competitors who are also selling the album. But, all the listings I found are for albums, not CD's.

Hey Lloyd....in the spirit of the thread....to the best of my knowledge I linked you to vinyl. That ebay listing is for a genyoowine 33 1/3 record album. Not a CD. So..now you can get your very own throwback vinyl. Note that the link I hooked you up with is MUCH cheaper that the competitors who are also selling the album. But, all the listings I found are for albums, not CD's.

Yes, I noticed that. I wouldn't mind having both, but my wallet says otherwise. I think there's a CD of it somewhere in my future. Thanks again for that link.

Lloyd

"Slide It In" by Whitesnake. Pre-prettyboy, pre-puffy hair, pre-designer outfits, pre-MTV saturation, and most importantly, pre-Tawny... English Hard Rock!

Whitesnake+-+Slide+It+In+-+Front.jpg

Right to the Goldtop

Last edited:
"Slide It In" by Whitesnake. Pre-prettyboy, pre-puffy hair, pre-designer outfits, pre-MTV saturation, and most importantly, pre-Tawny... English Hard Rock!

Whitesnake+-+Slide+It+In+-+Front.jpg

Right to the Goldtop

Nice! Not got that one, i'll have to check it out. I'm a reasonable fan of Whitesnake. I'll admit I got into their MTV / Big Hair version to start with but worked backwards and much prefer the original version. I've heard Doug Aldrich play and he's a great guitar player no doubt but i've never got into that version of the snake.

Nice! Not got that one, i'll have to check it out. I'm a reasonable fan of Whitesnake. I'll admit I got into their MTV / Big Hair version to start with but worked backwards and much prefer the original version. I've heard Doug Aldrich play and he's a great guitar player no doubt but i've never got into that version of the snake.

Oh yeah Mike. I bet you'll dig "Slide It In". "Slide It In", "Slow and Easy"... Seriously good stuff in my book (for whatever that's worth). There are some videos from it on You Tube if you want to check them out first before buying. There was all kinds of drama with personnel during this time in their history. Big surprise there! If I'm not mistaken - and I may very well be; I'd have to check to be sure - John Sykes was the guitarist on this record. I know he toured some with the band after this album, because I caught them a couple of times.

I may lose some man-points here, but one of their ballads during the MTV era was called "The Deeper The Love", and I love that song. 'The deeper the love; the sweeter the emotion. I've got dry skin; so bring the hand lotion'... Something like that anyway. :proud:

I'm with you about Doug Aldrich; he's a monster! And he uses a Goldtop, which is great by me.

Lloyd

Last edited:
"Walk This Way" by White Tie Affair. I haven't listened to much of the music from this band so I don't much about them. But I like their logo (the little tie) and I like this cover art. Yellow sneakers? I'd wear 'em if they made them in my size.

tumblr_me6v8uzKyG1rocjk1o1_500.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd, who has feet like gunboats

Last edited:
"True Blue" by M _ _ _ _ _ a. I love this cover art. That is all.

madonn-truebl_07.jpg

LPC

Last edited:
Last edited:
"The Who Sell Out" from 1967. A concept album of sorts, with commercials in between songs.

Front

4039786788_5277571fe0_b.jpg

Back

4039036565_47c3bc995c_b.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
Elvis' "50,000,000 Fans...". The famous gold suit that's been copied too many times to count.

50%252C00%252C00+Elvis+Fans+Can%2527t+Be+Wrong+-+Elvis+Presley.jpg

Goldtop!

Also, props to Marty Brodeur on his 666th win! :rock:

+666! Possibly the greatest goalie I've ever watched play live. Only Patrick Roy enters that conversation - and I've seen quite a few guys over the 30 years I've actually been going to games.

+666! Possibly the greatest goalie I've ever watched play live. Only Patrick Roy enters that conversation - and I've seen quite a few guys over the 30 years I've actually been going to games.

Off Topic....but I still remember the 1968 season when I first got into Hockey (long ago lost interest...that's the fate of having been a Ranger fan) and goalie Ed Giocamon was still not wearing a mask. I believe he started wearing it full time sometime late into the '68/'69 season, but I can't believe goalies routinely did not wear masks until that period of time.
I remember the goalie from the Bruins, was it? Or the Blackhawks? His mask was designed to have a cut or scar or stitch mark every place he would have been hit in the face if not for the mask. After a few seasons, there wasn't an unmarked square inch on that mask.

"Night in the Ruts" by Aerosmith. One of my favorite Aerosmith albums. Pointless Trivia Time: I used to have a t-shirt from this era of Aerosmith. On the front was this picture, and on the back was the album name with the first letters of the first and last words swapped out graffiti-style. It never failed to get a reaction, usually a negative one. Which was exactly the point, right?

aerosmith-night-in-the-ruts-front.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd

Back