The Art of the Vinyl

I'll bet if we could ask Gene he could tell us within a few grand either way... I don't like him because he was a jerk to me once, but I respect him from a business standpoint.

Lloyd

His arrogance is palpable. Feelings of entitlement and self-importance.

Demonstrates how unusual it is when you meet a rock star who is unaffected and down to earth (cough, like Mr. Leese, cough) . Actually, any celebrity who remains unaffected and down to earth earns my admiration. Guys like Paul Newman. The spoiled, immature "Axle Roses" of the world end up lonely and alone for a reason. Or, with an "entourage" that is only in it for the money.

More Mr. Moore. "Still Got the Blues"

gary-moore-still-got-the-blues-1990-inside-cover-89355.jpg

Goldtop

Good one, you beat me to it!

I was going to post that with the other Gary Moore one... Not sure why I didn't...

Ahh.. Missed it. The image isn't showing in IE9 or Chrome. I was a bit disappointed by that album but the artwork is cool.

i just got the image off a google search it maybe the server for that site was down.

P&W an Ultraworld are my favourite albums from Steve, i'm a bit of a Vai nut being a former owner of some Jems.

front.gif

There are indeed versions of the story that have it that way. There are also some that have it the way it was in my post. Like so many things, I think it depends on who you believe, what day they said it, which book it came from, etc. Like happens in so many of these situations; was he fired, or did he quit? Outsiders never really know the details, only what the principals choose to tell us on a given day.

As for the music itself on each of these albums, I like a tune or two from each one. "2000 Man", "I Was Made For Lovin' You" (Yes, I admit I liked it), and "Shandi" on "Unmasked". Not rock & roll by any stretch, but I dig it as a power pop tune.

I miss the glory days of KISS. I also miss dollar-a-gallon-gas, but that's another subject... :(

Goldtop Lloyd

I haven't heard (or at least don't remember having heard) that he was out of the band in the Dynasty era. I know he did that tour because that was the first time I saw them. It's been a while since I read his book, but Peter came off as rather confrontational and threatened to quit a few times as I recall.

I like a few tracks from both of those albums as well - besides the ones you mentioned, "Sure Know Something", "Talk To Me" and "What Makes The World Go Round" (although Paul's falsetto on that on grates at times).

I haven't heard (or at least don't remember having heard) that he was out of the band in the Dynasty era. I know he did that tour because that was the first time I saw them. It's been a while since I read his book, but Peter came off as rather confrontational and threatened to quit a few times as I recall.

I like a few tracks from both of those albums as well - besides the ones you mentioned, "Sure Know Something", "Talk To Me" and "What Makes The World Go Round" (although Paul's falsetto on that on grates at times).

Oh man! 'Talk to Me"... I forgot that one. Good one!

Lloyd

So many choices....forgive me if there are any repeats of prior submissions...but I was on a role!
I tried to include interesting photographs on covers as well as interesting cover art.
On a couple occasions, I found the reverse of the cover to be more interesting than the front.
Here goes.

Part 1:

100_6392.jpg

100_6393.jpg

100_6394.jpg

100_6397.jpg

100_6398.jpg

100_6399.jpg

100_6401.jpg

100_6402.jpg

Last edited:
Sammy Hagar "Standing Hampton" Front and Back. One of my favorites from him, both in covers and music. I may have already posted it, but in case I didn't...

sammy-hagar-standing-1205.jpg

sammy-hagar-standing-1206.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd

The First KISS. Cool to a fan like yours truly, if for no other reason than the historical aspect.

Kiss+-+Kiss+%5B%C3%96n%5D.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd, who was never in The KISS Army, and is now probably too old to serve.

Two from Eric Johnson. "Live from Austin Texas/Austin City Limits", and "Ah Via Musicom". Both mighty fine IMO.

album-live-from-austin-tx.jpg

eric-johnson-ah-via-musicom-front-cover-11680.jpg

Live Lloyd Via Goldtop

Last edited:
Good grief! There is probably enough White Stripes artwork to fill a thread of their own, but no need for overkill. This is the front and back of "Icky Thump".

img_26.jpg

img_20.jpg

Goldtop Thump, who says: Ah, Meg... There's just something about a woman in a hat. Even a goofy one with a giant feather that gets tangled up in ceiling fans. Looking good, girl!

Last edited:
Sammy Hagar "Standing Hampton" Front and Back. One of my favorites from him, both in covers and music. I may have already posted it, but in case I didn't...

sammy-hagar-standing-1205.jpg

sammy-hagar-standing-1206.jpg

Goldtop Lloyd

Not heard the album that that's a great cover. It's screaming Hipgnosis / Storm Thorgerson but looks to be another person / design firm. Clever cover though.

Back