The Amp you use

How you like the PRS Custom 50 ??? I been thinking about one for some time. Can it punch some real crisp clean tones??
The C50 has a great clean channel. Not saying it's the "best" cuz that's subjective, but it does sound excellent. On top of that you have clean boost as well as a boost for lead channel.
It's a versatile amp. Love it.

#1 = PRS Archon 50
#2 = Bogner ATMA
#3 = Atomic AA12 and AA3. On those, my most played amps are on the Atomic are the Archon, Friedman HBE, Dumble , Deluxe and Twin. I use the JCM800 and the hot rod version of it, the SLO, and many others, but the first 5 are my favorites so far.

Dang. We've got a lot of common amp ground. I have a Tiny Terror, Mark III half stack, Budda Superdrive 18, and PRS Custom 20.

My "Archon" is a Rivera Knucklehead Reverb 100 (that is sadly in need of repair).

And I own more Peaveys than I should admit to...

I guess I have to turn in my Axe-FX club membership card after admitting to all that, don't I?

• PRS Archon 100 (paisley - metal!)
  • PRS 2 Channel C (from the initial run)
  • Budda Superdrive 18 (from the Bober years)
  • Orange #4 Jim Root Terror
  • Mesa Boogie Mark IV (very rarely - this is likely to move on someday)
  • Fender Champ

Here's today's ride. Not shown: Axe-FX and Friedman ASM-12s providing stereo wetness. It's a little bit glorious:

whale-thd-number8.jpg

Last edited:
My main amp is a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. I am using a Line 6 HD500X (little brother of the Helix), but I mainly use is as an effects pedal board. Even though it has quite a few believable amp models. The fiddle is a CU22 or a Schecter Semi-hollow when I need that semi-hollow sound. I do have an SE50 that is my back up or if I am just looking for a little different flavor. I also have an SE20 and an Epiphone Blues Custom 30 (bet you can't guess what kind of music I play through that one.....lol).

62460287_10161860568850331_7120847350595059712_n.jpg

These days my go-to practice amp is the Boss Katana Air. It's a great little amp for a someone that travels a lot and stays in hotels frequently. I have the Sweetwater 65' Fender Deluxe Reverb and the holy grail is my little 1955 Fender Champ. That little amp sounds so gorgeous!!

Back