The 594?

Oh yes, he does, but in his case, it has more to do with his self imposed hunger strike...:p

Ha!

Actually it has more to do with my love for 4 knob, vintage sounding guitars with pickup switches on the upper bout and two piece bridges.

I like this new 594. I dunno whether this is "the" guitar that PRSh et al have associated with JM, and there never will be a JM signature guitar per se any time soon from PRS. But it sounds really really nice!

It's not the prototype we've seen pics of with all of the mini toggles and stuff, so that's probably still in the pipeline somewhere.

Les is our poster child for G.A.S. Although there is no known cure, it isn`t fatal. Tower of Power had "Soul Vaccination" years ago. I`m just glad the person who made one for guitars died a mysterious death many years ago. And I, too, suffer from this affliction that can put one in a dangerous marital state.

Love how it sounds. Like the concept yet that toggle on a DC upper bout looks weird to me, even though it's a functionally comfortable spot for switching to me.

So I wonder if this is a fairly big deal, and it is actually using the 408 switching system (untapping 1500 winds in coil split mode with a mini-toggle) but based on a traditional looking system (regular humbuckers and "hidden" switching via the push-pulls).

I may be completely wrong and I have no experience with a SC and the audio quality of the video is what it is ... but I kinda recognize some of the quality of a 408/Paul's splitted coils when he plays Belief.
And about that ... 408 p.u. system was sold as being special for the lack of volume drop. Is this because standard PRS HBs shows significant volume drop? I don't hear the volume to be dropped in the video.

I gotta say, I'm not a huge Mayer freak(I do like him just fine, just not "into" him per se), but I absolutely love that he does these. The tones are great and I love that he puts the guitar geekery out there for everyone to share. Super fun stuff. I may just start following him on periscope for this.

JM makes that guitar sing...guitar - cable - amp...just a rich tone and underplaying is in my wheelhouse too.
Thanks for the link

I like JMs playing. Hate his singing. He was great with the Dead and Dead and Company.
Oh, Dead and Company are going out on tour again this year. JM is with them still I guess. At least his names on the website.

If I believed in supernatural beings, I would make a deal with the Muse of musicians and guitar geeks, Euterpe, for my very own PS version of the 594.

Unfortunately, Euterpe was a figment of ancient imagination. Still, it's a nice idea to have supernatural beings serve as inspiration for stuff-acquisition.

"What's that?"

"Oh hi, dear. It's a new guitar."

"I can see that. Why did you buy a new guitar, you didn't need one."

"Oh, well, Euterpe, the Muse, insisted that I buy it. She is, after all, the Muse of musicians and guitar geekery."

"That's it. You are so utterly out of here."

"No worries, I've got Euterpe. Right, Euterpe? Um...Euterpe? Wanna chime in here....?"

Back