The 594?

Agreed on the ability to tap coils independently - like on the Paul's Guitar and 408. The 3-way switch in the upper-horn is tripping me out. It's out of place, aesthetically speaking, but is right where it should be, functionally.

I could be very happy with this guitar. I've always liked the TOM bridge on double-cut PRS guitars (which is part of the reason I favor the Sig LE run from 1989/90). But this is a 22-fret guitar; which appeals to my McCarty preference.

I'm wondering about scale length. Also, is it semi-hollow like the Sig LE? It's not the JM Sig model so is it just an R&D project?

Last edited:
The 3 way toggle on the upper bout is something I've seen many years ago on the prototype Ibanez Ghostrider that Shawn Lane was rockin'.
If you see him use it, it makes perfectly sense.

So I wonder if this is a fairly big deal, and it is actually using the 408 switching system (untapping 1500 winds in coil split mode with a mini-toggle) but based on a traditional looking system (regular humbuckers and "hidden" switching via the push-pulls).

They could even be modified 58/15s... "458"?

In any case, it does sound very good indeed.

I'll stop making wild guesses now.

So Awesome!!! I'm ready to queue up for that one. I like John Mayer, but not a huge fan. I love that guitar though.

Kevin

Cool. Thanx for posting that up.
Now we can start sending PRS emails. " When is the Mayer signature 594 beying released?????":D

I like Mayer's saying, and I'm paraphrasing, "What is the sign of a great guitar? Underplaying."

I guess I like that saying because all I can actually DO is underplay...

Actually, the tone reminds me very much of my McCarty Singlecut. In fact, I'd be up for one of those if I didn't have the McSC.

"You will be up for one of those, anyway, won't you Les?"

"I didn't say that. Who's this?"

"It's your guitar jones conscience, Les. Be honest, you will buy one of those, if they come out as a model, won't you?"

"Um...no...no, I have everything I need and then some with a cherry on top, right now."

"Les...I'm in your head. I know you better. You're already eyeing your McCarty WL and wondering if you should get one of these instead, aren't you?"

"Gaaaaaaaaaa! Leave me alone! Leave me alone! You're driving me mad!" (Les starts running around the room and waving his arms as if warding off flies)

"Oh, I'm in your head, Les....594, 594, 594....it's calling youoooooooooo...."

Last edited:
I like Mayer's saying, and I'm paraphrasing, "What is the sign of a great guitar? Underplaying."

I guess I like that saying because all I can actually DO is underplay...

Actually, the tone reminds me very much of my McCarty Singlecut. In fact, I'd be up for one of those if I didn't have the McSC.

"You will be up for one of those, anyway, won't you Les?"

"I didn't say that. Who's this?"

"It's your guitar jones conscience, Les. Be honest, you will buy one of those, if they come out as a model, won't you?"

"Um...no...no, I have everything I need and then some with a cherry on top, right now."

"Les...I'm in your head. I know you better. You're already eyeing your McCarty WL and wondering if you should get one of these instead, aren't you?"

"Gaaaaaaaaaa! Leave me alone! Leave me alone! You're driving me mad!" (Les starts running around the room and waving his arms as if warding off flies)

"Oh, I'm in your head, Les....594, 594, 594....it's calling youoooooooooo...."

Sadly, Les describes the inner workings of the mind of many a forum member at the moment....

Sadly, Les describes the inner workings of the mind of many a forum member at the moment....

Sad for us, but Paul will sell a ton of them... ;)

In my head, I'm already boxing up the maple-neck McCarty...aw, not really.

OK, really. But not really. Just kinda-sorta really.

Sad for us, but Paul will sell a ton of them... ;)

In my head, I'm already boxing up the maple-neck McCarty...aw, not really.

OK, really. But not really. Just kinda-sorta really.
Ha ha there's a rib tickler for ya. Nice one Les never kid a kidder eh!! it's on its way.

I like this new 594. I dunno whether this is "the" guitar that PRSh et al have associated with JM, and there never will be a JM signature guitar per se any time soon from PRS. But it sounds really really nice!

Of course, it helps that JM is playing the guitar, through that particular amp, and not me...I wouldn't be able to give it "that sound", and no-one would find it all that remarkable.

Back