The 594?

There are some points that I like, some that I don't but I have a question:
If Paul decided to include a 2 volume-2 tone control in this guitar (which I like) and many years ago He decided that the best distribution of this option is what we see in all his SCs... Why suddenly the "Les Paul" type of knob positioning?

Kevin:

I would expect so, re 26 the same color. There were some color variances for the MSC, but that was not a Limited Run as much as this is, just 26 guitars for the GOM for February.

I am likely going to spec and order one in March, I had a visit planned already, and will hijack the build I had planned for one of these.

I will likely get one of the 26, spec one, and then decide whether to keep both or not when the personally spec'ed one comes in. If you guys recall, I did about the same when the MSC came out, got one, LOVED it, got a second one, and then spec'ed one myself, that turned out awesome and is for sure a lifetime keeper. (I even did the same as I am planning to do now, had a different DC 245 build planned, and changed it at the last minute to an MSC, and later came back and did the DC 245 I originally wanted to do, both are amazing guitars!)

The only things I intend to change are (1) one piece quilt top (that is all I do these days!), (2) bird materials, (3) finish and (4) DGT frets if they are not already jumbo frets. And also (5) Santana Headstock like a Ted, of course!! ;)

I am really excited about this model!! As Ted Club President, it is right up my alley.

-Pete

Thanks, Pete!! I really look forward to seeing what you do with this one. I'm also planning on a custom 594 build, but haven't completely agreed upon the details!

As the owner of 2 SC and 1 DC Teds, I do look to you as my/our leader. There IS something about the 245s that just feels right to me. I presume you will consider this new model as an honorary Ted!!

Kevin

Thanks, Pete!! I really look forward to seeing what you do with this one. I'm also planning on a custom 594 build, but haven't completely agreed upon the details!

As the owner of 2 SC and 1 DC Teds, I do look to you as my/our leader. There IS something about the 245s that just feels right to me. I presume you will consider this new model as an honorary Ted!!

Kevin

Kevin:

Cool re your plans on a 594 as well! Of course, I consider the 594 to be an extension of the Ted. It's really bizarre, even before the 594 was announced, I was planning on going to the Vault in March to spec a DC Ted with the 2 piece bridge and 2 volume 2 tone. I was going to do a trem, but just got another PRS PS with a Trem (an NGD not yet posted! ;)), so I decided to do a two-piece stoptail instead, I almost did that on my Orange Glow DC 245 Ted, but I chickened out and went 100% the DC Ted formula, except for the Obeche body. I thought about what to do re volume/tone, and thought it would be cool to do 2 vol 2 tone like the MSC, and then I wondered "how crowded would that be, 4 knobs plus the 3 way?" - problem solved with putting the 3 way on the upper horn like on an SC.

I am honored to be your leader in explorations of short scale PRSi! ;) Yes, I feel the same way, they just feel right to me with the short scale. I played a 20th Anniversary PS with the 24.6" scale, it felt good like a PRS short scale, but I could tell that it was a hair longer.

I took a while off of the forum last year, so I didn't see your second MSC until recently. HOLY COW!! That thing rocks. It gave me gas to do another one. ;)

Counting the days until the 594's start showing up...

-Pete

There are some points that I like, some that I don't but I have a question:
If Paul decided to include a 2 volume-2 tone control in this guitar (which I like) and many years ago He decided that the best distribution of this option is what we see in all his SCs... Why suddenly the "Les Paul" type of knob positioning?
VERY good question. Note that it's not quite LP positioning, but very close. I bet it's for aligning tone pots north and south for more intuitive coil tapping, but also because the 594 is a DC body style, and no one would mistake that for an LP.... Maybe this is the way he "really" likes it. !

but also because the 594 is a DC body style, and no one would mistake that for an LP.... Maybe this is the way he "really" likes it. !

Having ESP Eclipses, Nik Huber Orcas and other Les Paul clones, I will never understand why anybody could mistake a PRS SC with a LP and claim to hell that Paul is trying to copy the LP bla bla bla... but that's another thread.

Having ESP Eclipses, Nik Huber Orcas and other Les Paul clones, I will never understand why anybody could mistake a PRS SC with a LP and claim to hell that Paul is trying to copy the LP bla bla bla... but that's another thread.
No kidding, yet history has shown us otherwise.

I don't like the look of the pickup selector, but as a long-time Les Paul player, it makes perfect sense. Sound-wise, it sounded amazing.

This guitar has created the most GAS I've had for a while. Am seriously considering ordering a PS with a rosewood neck.

Back