The 594?

If I believed in supernatural beings, I would make a deal with the Muse of musicians and guitar geeks, Euterpe, for my very own PS version of the 594.

Unfortunately, Euterpe was a figment of ancient imagination. Still, it's a nice idea to have supernatural beings serve as inspiration for stuff-acquisition.

"What's that?"

"Oh hi, dear. It's a new guitar."

"I can see that. Why did you buy a new guitar, you didn't need one."

"Oh, well, Euterpe, the Muse, insisted that I buy it. She is, after all, the Muse of musicians and guitar geekery."

"That's it. You are so utterly out of here."

"No worries, I've got Euterpe. Right, Euterpe? Um...Euterpe? Wanna chime in here....?"

Euterpe played the flute...I think Terpsichore is who you're looking for...she played a stringed instrument (Lyre).

No, actually Euterpe was the muse of music, Terpsichore dance.

Yes I know...but she played flute...Terpsichore was the shredder of the group. Music was a lot more stuck up in those days (I'm sure you remember)...took some strings to get folks dancing.

Yes I know...but she played flute...Terpsichore was the shredder of the group. Music was a lot more stuck up in those days (I'm sure you remember)...took some strings to get folks dancing.

Strings and flutes are always a great combination!

"Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to....Elysian fields...nothing is real...and nothing to get hung up on..."

In New Orleans as you travel down St Charles Ave. for nine blocks the cross streets are named after the nine muses. Ones you have mentioned along with Calliope, Melpomene and the list goes on. On another nearby Blvd. named Elysian Fields ( another name for heaven) all the cross streets for many blocks are named after the devout fundemantals of Love; i.e streets named Humanity, Piety, Charity, Hope and the list goes on. Funny thing, Elysian Fields ends at the back end of the French Quarter right near the Ursilines Convent founded in 1737, where right around the corner is the House of the Rising Sun. The real one, not the assumed one all the tourist are sent to is uniquely just within view of the Convent. Continuing on, is the Voodoo Queens house and all the sinful blues joints that have forever graced the French Quarter. How funny it turns to hell and all "That Devil Music". I hung out in those joints alot. Referencing another thread about recognizing Black Guitarist, particularly Guitar Slim, A New Orleans Boy as is his son who I knew. He is as bad azz a guitar player as his dad was if not more. Just some trivia for ya!

+1 There, Audie. The "House of the Rising Sun" was one I learned back in the 60's finger-picking style after hearing the one on the radio. I didn't have an electric then so I did it folk style and I actually found an original version of it in a local library from a book titled Folk Songs of North America by Alan Lomax. I now have a copy of that book. It's 2 inches thick. Lot of great songs in that book.

Last edited:
The guy has great taste in guitars and amps, and it's refreshing to hear someone play tasty licks clean through a blackface for 15 minutes. 2 thumbs up!

Wow, that is a gorgeous-sounding, beautiful guitar!

I love the knob and switch layout.

"But Les, it sounds an awful lot like your McCarty Singlecut. Does pretty much the same stuff."

"So, when has common sense ever stopped me from having a case of the wants?" ;)

DC 245? Okay, DC 24.594, close enough. ;)

New pickups, neck carve, and a Vintage finish? The two piece bridge, which I love on the MSC, in some new unobtanium alloy construction that supposedly helps it sound fantastic?

I'm doomed! I won't be able to resist.

Does anyone know if the entire 26 guitar series is going to be the same color? If so, I wonder if I could order a PS with the same specs but with a different color???

Kevin

Does anyone know if the entire 26 guitar series is going to be the same color? If so, I wonder if I could order a PS with the same specs but with a different color???

Kevin

We did this for someone who wanted the January bass after it was all sold out. It's exactly the same specs minus the banner on the headstock that says "January" and "Guitar of the Month" on the back of the headstock. Although he did get it in the same color. The only thing is there is a 6 month wait time for a PS build -_-.

Kevin

Kevin:

I would expect so, re 26 the same color. There were some color variances for the MSC, but that was not a Limited Run as much as this is, just 26 guitars for the GOM for February.

I am likely going to spec and order one in March, I had a visit planned already, and will hijack the build I had planned for one of these.

I will likely get one of the 26, spec one, and then decide whether to keep both or not when the personally spec'ed one comes in. If you guys recall, I did about the same when the MSC came out, got one, LOVED it, got a second one, and then spec'ed one myself, that turned out awesome and is for sure a lifetime keeper. (I even did the same as I am planning to do now, had a different DC 245 build planned, and changed it at the last minute to an MSC, and later came back and did the DC 245 I originally wanted to do, both are amazing guitars!)

The only things I intend to change are (1) one piece quilt top (that is all I do these days!), (2) bird materials, (3) finish and (4) DGT frets if they are not already jumbo frets. And also (5) Santana Headstock like a Ted, of course!! ;)

I am really excited about this model!! As Ted Club President, it is right up my alley.

-Pete

Last edited:
Back