The 5-way Rotary Switch ?

"There is one thing i don't like: as I sweep through the settings, going from neck humbucker to bridge humbucker, I can hear it click through the amplifier four times until it gets to the bridge humbucker.

It clicks for every setting change and that's annoying. Not a good thing."

That's really funny as I only noticed that myself too a couple days ago as well.
I can say in my case contact cleaner made no difference.
Ymmv.

"There is one thing i don't like: as I sweep through the settings, going from neck humbucker to bridge humbucker, I can hear it click through the amplifier four times until it gets to the bridge humbucker.

It clicks for every setting change and that's annoying. Not a good thing."

That's really funny as I only noticed that myself too a couple days ago as well.
I can say in my case contact cleaner made no difference.
Ymmv.
Might be why it was discontinued?

I do prefer a 3 way switch. It's silent and easier.

But I do like the #2 setting of the rotary switch: two slug coils in parallel. I can instantly go to a crystalline clean sound, like two single coil pickups combined.

Also love the middle setting on the rotary switch and there's no way to get that sound using a 3 way switch. It's like a middle humbucker,

The switch creates a middle humbucker using only the slug coils of each pickup in series.

The slug coils give a stronger, more pleasing sound than the #4 setting of using the screw coil of each humbucker combined like two single coils.

The Rotary switch gets three sounds a 3 way can't get and the only two they have in common is the neck humbucker by itself or the bridge humbucker by itself.

Last edited:
Back