The “Santana/Original” body shape!

... all this talk about Santanas sort of make me want to have one :p

You should listen to that voice in your head. ;)

The Santana is such a great guitar. At first you’re like, “Why are the controls way down there?” Then you have that a-ha moment and realize that that’s just where they ought to be.

I was just about to play my Dark Lord, which is a Gibson sized Music Man neck on a Steve Morse body, but now I am going to rock a Santana instead.

The Dark Lord was a Joe Bonamassa version of the Morse guitar when they were trying to woo him. He’s a pretty diehard Gibson guy so it didn’t work, but at least a few of us got a sweet limited run Morse. The only Music Man to ever have a reverse headstock. I actually had two of them, but I went on a mad selling frenzy when I wanted to buy more PRS.

Last edited:
You should listen to that voice in your head. ;)

The Santana is such a great guitar. At first you’re like, “Why are the controls way down there?” Then you have that a-ha moment and realize that that’s just where they ought to be.
And at first I thought, "Damn, this thing is a howitzer! ... But can it do a more mellow, cool, jazzy thing?" And then I put it on the neck pickup, rolled down the tone and volume, and proclaimed in a sweet, thick, reedy voice that Mr. Montgomery and Pass would approve of.

I’m so annoyed I didn’t get a KL33 when GC was blowing them out, they didn’t have birds I don’t think or maybe it was outline birds? Something about that annoyed me at the time, lol.

I did and then sold it to Sergio ;( But I still get to play it from time to time

Original Santana body shape you say???

That is what core Santana should be... just with a standard nut.. (we can not have it all..).

Joke aside, I do not understand why Santana core models have this neck binding these days...
If we get back the original model with nice deep carves would be great.

Please Paul, push Santana (west street, kl-33, etc.) model more (we wait for it) :)
Thanks!

I was able to find a brand new Santana SE standard, the all mahogany one: it should come within a week. Not ideal, but maybe it’ll help me decided if an all mahogany Santana type guitar is what I want in the future.

I’ll make some mediocre clips once I get it!

Man, I was really hoping to have had tacos with @veinbuster and @11top by now, and doubling the amount of Santana’s that’ve ever been in my house.

p9bNjp2.jpg

Man, I was really hoping to have had tacos with @veinbuster and @11top by now, and doubling the amount of Santana’s that’ve ever been in my house.

p9bNjp2.jpg
Yeah, it sucks.
I guess I’m going to have to have my own little Santana party with the backyard animals. They’ll probably eat bird seed tacos.

I don’t get tired of seeing great pictures, either.

The neck binding on the Santana Retro isn’t a deal breaker for me. I prefer the naked wood, but I can live with a binding.

Back