That one guitar, for me, Mira 245, 25th Anniversary

Keith Williams

I am back looking for the combined wisdom of the PRS forum. I started on Miras, back when they came out, and over time moved over to DGT's, selling off my Miras, in order to have that wonderful trem. But then, over time, I decided to pare down and sold off all the DGT's (yeah, the "all" part of that is another story), and spent a few years just playing my tele.
But my love of humbucking tones brought me back and wanting a simple "machine" for that and one that wouldn't break my back I ended up with an S2 Mira Semi. Really liked it, but I'd once had a 25th Anniversary Mira and though that one was too bright for me, I loved the neck on it. So when one popped up on Reverb I grabbed it and it has now become my number 1. I just love the P90's and the clarity they bring to the shorter scale, etc.
So help a brother out, how many of these were made? What colors made it out the door? And while we're at it, school me on the history of the Mira model itself.

I know that Knaggs was there at the beginning and though the model seems to have done well over the years we now find ourselves with SE only Miras.

Thanks in advance. I know that you guys have lots of information socked away in the corners of your mind and can always use a good reason to share it.

Sorry can't answer your question...but...

One I really regret is trading a Mira X...plain, simple tone monster...and weight about 3 pounds!!!!
Mine had 'buckers...may have held onto it, had it had P-90's...????

Sorry can't answer your question...but...

One I really regret is trading a Mira X...plain, simple tone monster...and weight about 3 pounds!!!!
Mine had 'buckers...may have held onto it, had it had P-90's...????

I had never heard of the X, so I searched. There are some for sale in Japan that are shell pink. Awwww, yeah.

A 2009 Mira Maple top was my first PRS. I remember being impressed by the quality but didn't like the 24 fret (and thus the neck Humbucker position) so I traded it off way back when ..

I remember it being a good rock and roll guitar

I love the Mira great design, I have an S2 and an SE which I just picked up to take the the studio in NYC and gig with, they look great on me and I love the simple HH with a hardtail design plus the lightweight...the S2 can be bright but thats what the tone control is for...plus used form GC Ive seen them go as low as 700 bucks, youre simply not going to find a better guitar at that price....

Last edited:
Had a Mira Korina, but couldn't do 24 frets. Had a Mira 245 and loved it, but had to scale down (no pun intended). I really, really regret that one leaving. I believe if one came up, I'd take it.
It was a one year model, I believe. 25th Anniversary only. P-90 perfection.

I have one the same color as @Rider1260 ’s, and dig it. The hot ceramic P90’s were a little much in the low mids, so I replaced mine with the standard Duncan Alnico P90’s, and like it.

Mine is very, very acoustically resonant in the midrange, and not bright sounding, just being an all mahogany guitar.

In addition to the amber color I have, I’ve seen them in black, white, “scarlet smokeburst” and “sapphire smokeburst.”

“Grandma Hannon Pink”... and they’re f&cking adorable!

Sadly, I saw that was the name of the color, but I was feeling waaaaay too lazy to type it in. :oops:

They are all for sale in Japan, so getting one shipped back here would be expensive with the fees added.

Keith, I can tell you that the Mira is that great balance of size/weight/tone, especially the 25th P90 version. I had one (the old story) and sold it in a period of non-use, lovely white case and all. I now use a 594 Soapbar for that sound, so I’m not complaining, at least until I stand up! :)

It’s an odd story, though. It seems everyone loves them, but they didn’t sell well enough to stay in the line. That’s no reflection on the quality, though... my fave, the 513, met a similar fate, although the concept does survive in another model.

Anderton’s Guitars made the comment that the Mira was added to the line in 2007. Obviously, they were still there in 2010 as anniversary models. I remember a Starla model that was somewhat similar. There’s not much mention of it on the web site, so you might have to see if the home office can get you in touch with their historian.

My former 25th:

BWDaI3m.jpg

Sadly, I saw that was the name of the color, but I was feeling waaaaay too lazy to type it in. :oops:

They are all for sale in Japan, so getting one shipped back here would be expensive with the fees added.

There’s one in the Northwest that I’ve seen sold, re-listed, sold, and then re-listed again. Each time it gets even more beat and modded... I think it’s back up on Reverb again.

There’s one in the Northwest that I’ve seen sold, re-listed, sold, and then re-listed again. Each time it gets even more beat and modded... I think it’s back up on Reverb again.

I absolutely love that you have your finger on the pulse of the used PRS market.

Yeah, ouch. That one has seen better days.

I have one the same color as @Rider1260 ’s, and dig it. The hot ceramic P90’s were a little much in the low mids, so I replaced mine with the standard Duncan Alnico P90’s, and like it.

Mine is very, very acoustically resonant in the midrange, and not bright sounding, just being an all mahogany guitar.

In addition to the amber color I have, I’ve seen them in black, white, “scarlet smokeburst” and “sapphire smokeburst.”

They also made a few in blue burst and yes, I am still kicking myself for passing on one on Reverb a couple of years back.

Back