That one guitar, for me, Mira 245, 25th Anniversary

I have two Mira X and they are fantastic!

img_1325-jpg.745385
What are the pickups in these? I know they are the originals. 59/09's?

Both had the original MiraX PUs swapped out. The Vintage Cherry has now 85/15 with a 5-way blade switch and the Blue/Green (i don't know the colour name, it's a custom color) has now 57/08 with two mini switches, like the Paul's Guitar. Both are less then 2,5 kg.

I had a Dallas Guitar Show LTD Mira X, I think 2011, 245 scale, limited to a few pastel colors and had 57/08s from the factory. Super light, and the color was more "creamsicle" than the pics show. Stupidly sold it, it's 2 or 3 of the 5 or so guitars I wish I still had. I had gas for the 25th Mira 245 too, just never worked out that I had the cash when they were available.

BxcUXRb.jpg

gLuUfUe.jpg

I had a Dallas Guitar Show LTD Mira X, I think 2011, 245 scale, limited to a few pastel colors and had 57/08s from the factory. Super light, and the color was more "creamsicle" than the pics show. Stupidly sold it, it's 2 or 3 of the 5 or so guitars I wish I still had. I had gas for the 25th Mira 245 too, just never worked out that I had the cash when they were available.

BxcUXRb.jpg

gLuUfUe.jpg
Dig that!

I had a 25th Anniv. Mira 245 Soapbar myself, too--looked exactly like the one Rider1260 showed earlier. Finish was called "smoked amber," I believe. I bought it used from a big dealer sometime in 2014, I believe. It was my first PRS, as well as my first P90 guitar.

I somewhat-stupidly swapped the pickups (the stock Seymour Duncans were perfectly good enough) but didn't play it a lot since I'd been used to the feel of Fender-style guitars mostly. I recall that the guitar was very lightweight, the wood-grain and the finish were awesome, and the neck--a bit on the skinny side--was fantastic. It's what really opened my eyes to the quality & playability of more-expensive, "upper-level" guitars. In its place, I now own a Gibson SG Special [think: thin, light, all-mahogany body & neck, short scale, and 2 P90's] but if I had to compare them directly I'd probably take back the PRS.

Strangely, though, too--there was some clear gloss finish chipping off the underside of the neck/fretboard (the side of the fretboard that received the gloss finish, sort of where your wedding ring would impact the neck if you wear one while playing). It was odd, I hadn't seen that happen before. On the one hand, I did (and still do) feel that the attention to finishing details on PRSi is top-notch; on the other hand, I shrugged this off as maybe an isolated problem with this run of guitars.

BxcUXRb.jpg

gLuUfUe.jpg
Yeah, I keep my eye out for the Mira X's as well since they are the same scale. My buddy David Barber owns a Starla X and really digs the super light weight and the tone from the unusual woods used. THIS one even has my favorite pickups in it already! I have original run 57/08's in both my S2 Miras (yeah, they are my current guilty pleasure, the three Miras.)

I have an S2 Mira semi hollow.
It delivers way above it's price point.
The solid one is damn good too.

hNcfPIX.jpg
EX0g1qd.jpg
Yes, the Mira count here is two semi's (one tuned down to Db) and on standard, then the 245. Still the 245 is my favorite neck and I'm always keeping my eyes open for one.

Keith, are you doing research for another 5 Watt World video? I think it's great I can read your posts in the sound of your voice. :)

I have a '07 Mira with old birds, really only available for about 6 months. The Mira was announced at Winter NAMM 2007 and started showing up for sale that summer. By early '08 they had switched to the outline birds. Mine has nickel covers added and a tweak to the split circuit, plus TonePros locking studs. I love this guitar. It's currently on loan to a good friend of mine. (I should take some better photos)

gu99HB9.jpg

Yeah, turkey per pound is more expensive than British Pounds. $3.99 at my local grocery for 93% lean vs $1.31/GBP.

...just making a joke! We like to do that here. In my International Relations class I learned that American joking around might be offensive to those in other cultures. I also like to do "thumbs up" as an affirmative gesture, but in some places it means "shove it up your a$$" so you have to have careful. Welcome to the party, pal!

I also like to do "thumbs up" as an affirmative gesture, but in some places it means "shove it up your a$$" so you have to have careful. Welcome to the party, pal!

You say that like they're not both affirmative!

So here's the thing. How would I go about trying to come up with another one of these? I'd like to have one outfitted with P90's and one with something more like PAF's, though in the original routs. Tim McNelly makes some great pickups in this size.

I'm surprised there isn't a "wanted" section here on the forum. Or am I missing something?

Keith, are you doing research for another 5 Watt World video? I think it's great I can read your posts in the sound of your voice. :)

I have a '07 Mira with old birds, really only available for about 6 months. The Mira was announced at Winter NAMM 2007 and started showing up for sale that summer. By early '08 they had switched to the outline birds. Mine has nickel covers added and a tweak to the split circuit, plus TonePros locking studs. I love this guitar. It's currently on loan to a good friend of mine. (I should take some better photos)

gu99HB9.jpg
I'd make a video on the Mira history but it feels a shame that they are now only available as an off shore. Many I'd love it if they did a "junior" built like the 245 with just one pickup. A proper working man's rock and blues Mira. I am working on a video about one pickup guitars and love this old double cut junior shape. It's really the oldest shape in Paul's history.

So here's the thing. How would I go about trying to come up with another one of these? I'd like to have one outfitted with P90's and one with something more like PAF's, though in the original routs. Tim McNelly makes some great pickups in this size.

I'm surprised there isn't a "wanted" section here on the forum. Or am I missing something?
I'm sure aware of the many excellent humbucker shaped P-90s out there. I really dig the Fralin P-92s and it's sad I don't have a guitar with those at the moment.

Also, this forum has many historical aspects - you can post about older models, make NGD posts about newly acquired older models, etc - but there's no "wanted" or "for sale" sections because it's an official manufacturer forum and they only make money when new guitars get sold.

No want ads of any kind, a decision of the providers of the forum. Some deals have happened via PMs through individuals, but no outright for sale/wanted type posts allowed.

Reverb, Ebay, ads on other forums... it’s a search and destroy mission.

Back