That escalated quickly! NGD

Nice selection / collection. I started with one in 2018 (SE CU24), two in 2019 (SE245 & A55E) and two more in 2020 (Kestrel Bass and 2001 Santana SE). at this rate, I will have to buy 5 in 2021 to make up for the third I didn't buy in 2020, plus 4 more for 2021.:rolleyes:

That’s a really lovely looking guitar - white with a dark rosewood fretboard. If it were mine, I’d probably be jonesing for a mint green pickguard to check all of my personal boxes! So, I’m now pretty convinced that I will get a Silver Sky in the next 6 months or so. I love playing my Strats and if I didn’t have a Partscaster project underway with a white finish, I’d go for this PRS white. Instead, I would probably go with tungsten. My only slight hesitation is that the frets aren’t quite as tall as my preferred 6105s but feel that they’re probably close enough and that the narrowness, which I like. will help. Anyway, take care and thanks for the great forum!
Yes, the tungsten color is awesome! That would have been my first choice. But this one came second hand and looks beautiful in frost.
The pickguard on it is almost greenish/vintage. I don't know if someone made a special pickguard for it.
The neck and the playabaility is great. Just try it!

Well, I’ve been thinking about this a lot, since getting two core models in less than a month’s time, and need to justify my behavior. From no interest at all to being obsessed in no time. The only thing I can think of is that the PRS guitars makes me want to play and I don’t want to stop. And when playing more the skills improve and it’s even more fun to play. So it becomes a positive spiral. I think there’s no end to this. Now, should I get a Paul’s or a DGT next?o_O

Well, I’ve been thinking about this a lot, since getting two core models in less than a month’s time, and need to justify my behavior. From no interest at all to being obsessed in no time. The only thing I can think of is that the PRS guitars makes me want to play and I don’t want to stop. And when playing more the skills improve and it’s even more fun to play. So it becomes a positive spiral. I think there’s no end to this. Now, should I get a Paul’s or a DGT next?o_O
Yes.

Paul himself preaches this message.

Consider a hollow body with piezo. It will give you some range further from what you have now.

Paul himself preaches this message.

Consider a hollow body with piezo. It will give you some range further from what you have now.

Thanks mate, I’m intrigued by the hollow bodies, Vela HB:s looks great, but at the moment I’m a true closet player (playing through headphones via an Iridium) and being quiet is key to getting any play time at all. I’m not joking about the closet.:)
RrXYesy.jpg

That wooden stool sure builds character.:p

Piezo in my mind has always been something a simple acoustic simulator pedal could do, but I’ve got no experience with either.

But this wasn’t really my thread and I’ve been harassing this place continuously about thoughts on the matter in other threads. I’ve promised myself four premium guitars in one year is enough (...clock is slowly counting down to 2021...:))!

Sorry OP. Btw, nice collection you’ve started!

Thanks mate, I’m intrigued by the hollow bodies, Vela HB:s looks great, but at the moment I’m a true closet player (playing through headphones via an Iridium) and being quiet is key to getting any play time at all. I’m not joking about the closet.:)
RrXYesy.jpg

That wooden stool sure builds character.:p

Piezo in my mind has always been something a simple acoustic simulator pedal could do, but I’ve got no experience with either.

But this wasn’t really my thread and I’ve been harassing this place continuously about thoughts on the matter in other threads. I’ve promised myself four premium guitars in one year is enough (...clock is slowly counting down to 2021...:))!

Sorry OP. Btw, nice collection you’ve started!
Playing quietly is one of the nice features of a hollow body. You get enough acoustic sound that you can play unplugged without disturbing anyone. This is why I travel with one.

HXDA would be nice...
Ahhh, a man of taste.

And you don’t even have to drink the Kool-aid. To quote @]-[@n$0Ma☩!© :

If the DA setting is like a fine red wine that is best appreciated by educated pallets, the HX is a flaming shot of tequila from the navel of a stripper named Dominica.

Intoxicating either way!

Bad news. You have to have a Prime Number of PRS. I think 17 is a good number.

Back