That didn't last long....

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
So, I posted my thread about not wanting to gig. I meant it when I posted it :D.

A buddy of mine that played bass with me in a jam band at the beginning of the pandemic sent me an email. He's been doing an acoustic duo thing with a percussionist, and felt like they needed another guitar/singer. I went and jammed with them last night, and what do you know, I'll be doing it some more. They do afternoon winery gigs and private parties, so it's not like slogging in bars until 2 am. So, here we go again!

So, I posted my thread about not wanting to gig. I meant it when I posted it :D.

A buddy of mine that played bass with me in a jam band at the beginning of the pandemic sent me an email. He's been doing an acoustic duo thing with a percussionist, and felt like they needed another guitar/singer. I went and jammed with them last night, and what do you know, I'll be doing it some more. They do afternoon winery gigs and private parties, so it's not like slogging in bars until 2 am. So, here we go again!
Sounds great. When I lived in Houston I did some acoustic duo gigs at a wine bar. They were a lot of fun. This place was some kind of universal anomaly. I swear every woman that walked into the place was more attractive than the previous. Every one. Every time. It was amazing.

I played my double neck acoustic. It is a Celebrity by Ovation. Sounds horrible acoustic, but not too bad amplified. I called her "Rosey" cause she was a whole lotta guitar. Ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck because of that heavy sumbich.

Be careful with the dessert wines. Ask how much they are before ordering. Some of them are quite pricey. Ask me how I know.

I quit performing for a while, too, but came back.

I'll be conducting a worldwide broadcast of The Detroit Chronic Philharmonic Orchestra live from my basement this Saturday Night to a sold-out house. I'm very excited.

"Whaaat? You'll be watching the Big Ten Championship Game on TV."

"Yeah, but after the game I'll be performing. I'll conduct one of my very sad dirges if Michigan loses."

"You only write sad dirges, that's part of your problem. What are you going to do if they win?"

"I might have to wait until the effect of the celebratory martini wears off, so I'm not sure."

"But isn't your audience expecting you to be able to perform?"

"It probably isn't a problem; my deceased mom is the only one who tunes in. I'll get out the old Ouija Board and ask for a postponement."

"Wait. Spotify says that 337 people streamed your music last month."

"Pitiful as that figure is in and of itself, when I looked up the location of my listeners, it said, 'The Great Beyond'. So, you know. Probably my mom."

Last edited:

Good for you!

I'll be conducting a worldwide broadcast of The Detroit Chronic Philharmonic Orchestra live from my basement this Saturday Night to a sold-out house. I'm very excited.
"It probably isn't a problem; my deceased mom is the only one who tunes in. I'll get out the old Ouija Board and ask for a postponement."

You charge your mother for your performances????

I'm not saying it's wrong...

You charge your mother for your performances????
Nah, she gets in free. All dead people get in free. Because you can't stop them. I know, I've tried!

Everyone else has to pay. But even if I wanted to charge her, it's tough to collect ticket money from dead people. For starters. you can't even see most of them.

'No one else comes to your performances, anyway. So how do they sell out?"

"I only print one ticket and sell it to myself for one dollar and other valuable consideration. When it's gone, the show's sold out. I also change the name of my studio from Studio Craptastic to Craptaphonic Hall for the concerts."

"Both are appropriately named."

Last edited:
Back