That Action Music Track, New Version.

László

Too Many Notes
I took some of the comments to heart about the track being a bit short, and added some new parts, doubling the length. I think I got a more dynamic mix this time, too.

So...take TWO. Let me know if you like it.

"Should they let you know if they don't like it?"

"Um...I guess that depends on whether they enjoy seeing a person in pain."

"I suggest not being so touchy, but honestly, Les, we all enjoy torturing you. It's fun."

Last edited:
Les is this the same piece as last time?

Is this part of the exam to make sure we’re listening properly? Are there essay questions?

Last edited:
Les is this the same piece as last time?

Is this part of the exam to make sure we’re listening properly? Are there essay questions?
It's the same piece. I lengthened it by adding a few parts. So it's now 2 minutes instead of one minute.

This is why it's take two, instead of piece number ten bazillion and one.

You know, if you're not paying attention, I'm going to have the schoolmaster rap your knuckles with a yardstick. On the other hand, if you didn't realize it was in fact longer, maybe you weren't bored by how long it was. Or maybe you're just being nice and not telling me "Les, stop this composing nonsense!!"

In either case, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
It's the same piece. I lengthened it by adding a few parts. So it's now 2 minutes instead of one minute.

This is why it's take two, instead of piece number ten bazillion and one.

You know, if you're not paying attention, I'm going to have the schoolmaster rap your knuckles with a yardstick. On the other hand, if you didn't realize it was in fact longer, maybe you weren't bored by how long it was. Or maybe you're just being nice and not telling me "Les, stop this composing nonsense!!"

In either case, I appreciate it.

I’m easily confused, I’d like to say just at the moment, but it has been most of my life.

I was looking too hard for the new Planet Suite by Schefman. Sorry.

Your pieces never bore me and I love that you share with us here.

You’re appreciated like heck here Les and not just for your Composer-ing ;)

“Did I get away with it?”

“I’m not sure, wait a bit and see what he replies. You can never tell what mood he will be in until he’s had half a Martini!”

“Oh heck, he’s on his way!”

“Best of luck, you never know he might just be chuffed with your reply”

“Here’s hoping. I can’t afford to go on the naught step this early in 2023”

“Did I get away with it?”

“I’m not sure, wait a bit and see what he replies. You can never tell what mood he will be in until he’s had half a Martini!”

“Oh heck, he’s on his way!”

“Best of luck, you never know he might just be chuffed with your reply”

“Here’s hoping. I can’t afford to go on the naught step this early in 2023”
You've chuffed me brilliantly!

Have I had my 1/2 martini of the day?

Just finished it. But doesn't change my thanks.

I took some of the comments to heart about the track being a bit short, and added some new parts, doubling the length. I think I got a more dynamic mix this time, too.

So...take TWO. Let me know if you like it.

"Should they let you know if they don't like it?"

"Um...I guess that depends on whether they enjoy seeing a person in pain."

"I suggest not being so touchy, but honestly, Les, we all enjoy torturing you. It's fun."
I think it’s very cinematic sound! suspense like thriller film.

See Les, new members are joining merely to listen to your compositions.

No “hi l’m…..I have just bought….”

No, straight into “great job Les”;)

Welcome Federica.
Sure! I’m also a teacher music, I love to learn from others!
See Les, new members are joining merely to listen to your compositions.

No “hi l’m…..I have just bought….”

No, straight into “great job Les”;)

Welcome Federica.

My first uneducated guess within the glimpse of an eye was Mission Impossible. But the whole composition develops to something dynamic. And it's classy.
It's that trill intro. But you know what? That trill thing was actually something Richard Wagner did in the 19th century that modern film composers simply stole over and over. Listen to the intro to Die Walküre, the Ride of the Valkyries sequence, and you'll hear the trill, only he did it MUCH better than me or anyone else.

Wagner was not a nice man by any stretch of the imagination. He hated and was jealous of anyone he thought insufficiently appraciated him, such as the great German composers Brahms and Mendelssohn.

But his music was not only genius, it is the basis for all film scoring today. It's the essence of dramatic film music. Sure, there have been modern updates, but they only go so far. The grandfather is Wagner.

There are times that I wish I didn't relate so strongly to what Wagner did. But...I can't blame his music for his personality. The music is what matters to me.

I would also like to add in honor of Maerti, that German classical music, starting with Michael Praetorius, Bach, and going right into the 20th Century composers, is something the world should forever respect and appreciate.

My 11 year old granddaughter just had a nice role a Berlin-based production of the US musical Fiddler on the Roof. It was an astoundingly good, if not a brilliant production, and it garnered great reviews in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal.

Culture. It's a thing to be shared amongst all people. Most of you know I feel this way. I'm never gonna stop saying it.

Last edited:
Back