Testing Archon through Stealth Cab

stevan5150

I tried it through my Bogner OS Cab, and believe it or not it didn't sound good .
It was very muddy and boomy, went back to stealth cab and the midrange opened up and it was much clearer. Very strange....but on a different note, my effects loop is still horrible lol.
I love the amp though, just not the effects loop

NOTE: ALL KNOBS ARE AT NOON

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice MJ guitar, haven't seen one of those since I previously saw one in Joel Kosche's hands. Thanks for posting, I love my Archon as well and really enjoy the sound I get out of my stealth cabs. I had the mod done to mine for the EFX loop but since have never used it, guess that's one way to not be disappointed in it. :laugh: You should have kept that Switchfoot song rolling at the end!

Nice MJ guitar, haven't seen one of those since I previously saw one in Joel Kosche's hands. Thanks for posting, I love my Archon as well and really enjoy the sound I get out of my stealth cabs. I had the mod done to mine for the EFX loop but since have never used it, guess that's one way to not be disappointed in it. :laugh: You should have kept that Switchfoot song rolling at the end!

I did the mod to the effects loop also, and it was no change at all. Doesn't matter the pedals i use either.
Yeah I love my MJ's, I am a big collective soul fan, (even though Joel doesn't play with them anymore).

That's unfortunate with the efx loop "mod" not working out. I run all my effects up front anyways, it works for me.

How many do you have, do you have a picture with all of them in it? I'm a really big Collective Soul fan too. Ross is one of a handful of artists that played PRS back when I really first started getting into music that got me into PRS. I'd love an adjustable hardtail Metal pinstripe painted PRS, it's on my PS wish list. Last time I saw CS play it was a handful of years back and Joel rocked that Mirage like a pro.

That's unfortunate with the efx loop "mod" not working out. I run all my effects up front anyways, it works for me.

How many do you have, do you have a picture with all of them in it? I'm a really big Collective Soul fan too. Ross is one of a handful of artists that played PRS back when I really first started getting into music that got me into PRS. I'd love an adjustable hardtail Metal pinstripe painted PRS, it's on my PS wish list. Last time I saw CS play it was a handful of years back and Joel rocked that Mirage like a pro.

here ya go

Cool demo. Interestingly, I have one of the earliest versions, and I don't have a problem with the loop. I only run a TC flashback in it though. I couldn't possibly run a delay up front on the gain channel. Nothing but mud that way. That Diezel underneath is one cool amp also...

Cool demo. Interestingly, I have one of the earliest versions, and I don't have a problem with the loop. I only run a TC flashback in it though. I couldn't possibly run a delay up front on the gain channel. Nothing but mud that way. That Diezel underneath is one cool amp also...

I have tried all pedal combinations in effects loop, taken some out and rearranged them.

I have tried all pedal combinations in effects loop, taken some out and rearranged them.

Yeah... I must have just been lucky. Odd though since from what I've read here, it's an inherent design issue, so I don't know why I wouldn't have the problem also.

i was not happy with the loop when i got mine last year and ended up having to move most of my effects up front. but i still love the amp
:adore:

Back