Tell us about your avatar

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Some folks stick to one, some change with their mood, some are self explanatory, some are intriguing, and although some are stoopid and silly, they all mean something. Tell us about your online face.

Mine? I change all the time ... all I can say is right now it's the cover for my next musical monstrosity.

The Mrs always yells at me, if she's around, when I'm talking on the phone. I'm a loud talker. At some point, she said, "It's like you're always on 11". Spinal Tap being the obvious connection. So, Nigel it was when it came time to pick an avatar pic. It's the only one I've used because I'm too lazy to change it.

In 2008, Hurricane Ike tore up my area of the Gulf Coast, making a mess of many towns that rely on vacationers for a big part of their livelihood. We got a call asking if we wanted to open for a band at a benefit for Galveston. We were happy to get in on it. That “band” we were opening for turned out to be The Beach Boys! It was a great evening at Moody Gardens, right on Galveston Bay. 7000+ packed into an area that I’m sure wasn’t meant to hold that many. My PRS 513 was killing it that night, and we all left feeling like we had done our little part in getting the world right again. That picture brings good memories to me. I still look much the same, although the hair is a bit more silvery these days!

Last edited:
Mine's from the ad in the back of the old comic books for "X-ray glasses." The other part of the picture had a woman in a dress that the guy was looking at, and he could see through the dress. Woo-woo!

My younger brother, who was then under ten years old, believed. So he bought a pair, which he saved pennies for, and looked forward to getting with eager anticipation.

The scammers behind this fleecing were so bold that after a few weeks, they actually had the chutzpah to follow through! They sent him a pair of cheesy novelty eyeglass frames with cardboard for "lenses." The cardboard had a red and white swirl pattern printed on the outside. In the center of each "lens" was a pinhole. That was it. Those were the X-ray glasses.

I'll never forget the sight of him traipsing around our house with these things on.

I change mine when I feel inspired. Most recently to honor the Oh Great Modified SE One, Christened by The Creator Himself.

0ddbwhHl.jpg

jkunCHyl.jpg

Mine is my VPI Classic turntable, which is currently being neglected. I moved to my first house after many years of city life last year, and haven't quite figured out where all my stuff should go since there's so much space.
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house
With a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

Back