Tell me about your DGT standard.

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by CatStrangler, Nov 3, 2014.

1. CatStrangler

CatStrangler PRS Enthusiast

I broke down and bought one, mostly due to watching Greg Koch's videos over and over. The one I chose might be a little on the heavy side (8.7 lbs), not sure if that's a good thing or bad. I'd like to hear about the experiences from owners! Thanks!

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Nice! May I be the first to request a pic? I love those!

3. CatStrangler

Ha ha sure when it gets here! I've been ogling the transparent cherry ones forever..I splurged for the birds.

4. watelessness

watelessness New Member

Mine was awesome sonically awesome but very heavy

5. jetydosa

jetydosa New Member

Great, great guitars. More mid push than the regular DGT. Similar, but different. Gives up a a tiny tiny bit in the low end and a little in the high end vs the maple top, a trades that for more mids (very generally speaking). Ive owned several and they've all been great.

6. Deli6505

Deli6505 Rockin' the D!

[​IMG]

Mine is a 2012 model. The previous owner had requested the "blue jean burst" finish and replaced the original DGT pickups with a 59/09 in the bridge and a 57/08 in the neck. I had it reset for Drop C# tuning and I have to say that it's considerably lighter than my Les Paul and still packs a heavy punch through my 6505+s (half stack and combo). It's also got a sweet clean sound, especially when coil tapped. I can't see myself playing any other guitar than this one. Since I got it over a month ago, I haven't even played my 4 other guitars. It's truly an amazing instrument that I will enjoy for a lifetime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#6 Deli6505, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  7. CatStrangler

Ha ha, yours could certainly set the "standard". Stunning DGT. I'm hoping to hear from owners of ones that don't have the maple top. Welcome to the forum!

8. Raymond

Raymond New Member

9. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Been gigging Mr. Clean ('11 DGT Std) for 2 years solid and it's still, easily, my #1. It doesn't have a bodacious top, it doesn't have phenomenal birds, nor perfling, binding or other niceties. It's a plain-Jane, vintage white, screaming war machine!. I love love love this guitar. Tonal flexibility, rock-solid intonation, comfortable...what else is there? Though i'm a nobody in a bar band, I can easily say that the task is easier and more enjoyable because of my gear and this guitar is a big part of that. Highly recommended.
    [​IMG]

10. crgtr

crgtr Twang Banger

Mr Clean IS one bad-ass gtr! Should you ever part with that bad-boy you MUST call me 1st! Really glad you are happy with the gtr Kerry!

11. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay!

That's a twin of mine (antique white) and i agree with you. One of my top guitars.

12. David Eaton

David Eaton New Member

I agree with this...I have three DGTs, an 09, an 11 wood library (from Martin Music), and a 12 standard. The 09 has more nasty to it, the 11 has a bit more of a sophisticated sound, the standard leans a bit more nasty but the mid push is what is noticable.

13. CatStrangler

Thanks Guys, I'm pretty excited. Brown sez no joy until next monday.

14. swede71

swede71 New Member

I love the look of that guitar.DGT pups sounds so good.Vintage vibe with an edge to it.

15. H2-DGT

H2-DGT New Member

Fantastic instruments. The Ferrari of guitars: muscular, sleek, gorgeous. I have an 08 and I actually feel better with the guitar on me than with it off.

Enjoy!

16. Deli6505

Deli6505 Rockin' the D!

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I've been telling my guitar playing friends (mostly LP players, as I was previously) that the difference is mind-blowing. In the past, I was always bouncing around between the LP, Strat, Tele and a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR and was just never satisfied playing one of them for more than a week. My PRS has been the only one I play now and I am still as excited now as I was when I first got it.

17. Raven17

Raven17 Raven Lunatic

Mine came with EMG 81/85 combo pups. I swapped those out for black covered Bare knuckle Miracle Man pups and it transformed it into a players guitar. It just feels good in you hands and the BK pups are magic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]