Tell me about the DGT...

BlackhawksCRNA

Around 15 years ago, I got bit pretty hard by the PRS bug. I had a custom 22, Modern Eagle, McCarty, CE, couple of SAS, and a hollowbody. Over the years I’ve become more of a strat guy with only the ME remaining. I bought a parlor acoustic a couple of months ago and have become smitten with the DGT, and I have one on order, although it’s gonna be awhile. Stoke the fire and tell me why you love them and what I have to look forward to!

Love everything about mine. Total tone monster. Google this to get a bunch of links to threads on the forum about the DGT

prs forum tell me about the dgt

Cool sorry about that. I can delete this but couldn’t find the option. Mods feel free to delete.

No need to apologize.

As bodia said, tone monster. For me, it's a great neck carve. It's definitely a "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" guitar.

Cool sorry about that. I can delete this but couldn’t find the option. Mods feel free to delete.
No worries. I just know that DGT is too short to get any search results on the forum search. And that a bunch of people ask about them.

Go Hawks! Didn't expect them to be up in this series.

The DGT is simply the PRS that looks like a custom but with a thicker body and chunkier neck feels like a traditional G or F but with a trem and two volumes. The neck pickup is in perfect les Paul territory, the bridge is snarls classic rock, which some call tele on steroids. Coil splits are particularly good.
Net an amazing guitar for blues and classic rock. Wouldn't recommend it for high gain though

Here are my thoughts shortly after I got mine and they haven't changed much

No worries. I just know that DGT is too short to get any search results on the forum search. And that a bunch of people ask about them.

Go Hawks! Didn't expect them to be up in this series.
So funny to hear the announcers talk about the Oilers like they’re the 2010 Hawks. Hopefully they can win 1 of 2.

The DGT is simply the PRS that looks like a custom but with a thicker body and chunkier neck feels like a traditional G or F but with a trem and two volumes. The neck pickup is in perfect les Paul territory, the bridge is snarls classic rock, which some call tele on steroids. Coil splits are particularly good.
Net an amazing guitar for blues and classic rock. Wouldn't recommend it for high gain though

Here are my thoughts shortly after I got mine and they haven't changed much
I read one person say the jumbo frets can wreak havoc with intonation if you are heavy handed, which I certainly am. I was convinced my modern eagle had intonation problems until someone finally told me, “ dude you’re squeezing the strings like you’re trying to kill them”. Any opinion on that for you?

I read one person say the jumbo frets can wreak havoc with intonation if you are heavy handed, which I certainly am. I was convinced my modern eagle had intonation problems until someone finally told me, “ dude you’re squeezing the strings like you’re trying to kill them”. Any opinion on that for you?

I personally have not experienced that issue though I've no clue whether I'm heavy handed or not. I can tell you this though. I own a ME 1 and the frets on that took some getting used to. The DGT was a breeze to play when I got it, despite being strung with 11s

I personally have not experienced that issue though I've no clue whether I'm heavy handed or not. I can tell you this though. I own a ME 1 and the frets on that took some getting used to. The DGT was a breeze to play when I got it, despite being strung with 11s
Cool thanks. The ME is the only guitar I’ve had that problem with through many PRS and many other brands. Interesting..

If you squeeze the strings to the board, fretted notes will be sharp. You can’t intonate for that because the impact of the fret height is magnified as you move to frets closer to the guitar body.
If you just press the string down to touch the fret, intonation will not be a problem.

They rawk, and they’re hawt!
TsLKE4F.jpg

Back