Tell me about the 25th Anniversary Mira 245 Soapbar

I had one briefly before returning it. The neck was fabulous - Standard profile, 22 frets - and the P90s sounded great. I really wish I could have bonded with it but it just felt too light, flimsy and plasticky. I toyed with bolting a Bigsby on it to add some weight but, in the end, returned it and forked out some extra cash to get an SC250.

In summary, if you like the light weight feel of the Mira and you dig vintage P90 tones, it's one killer guitar.

Excellent guitar imo. I own one and have been very happy with it. I did install new pots, caps, & pickups. I use Wolfetone P-90's. They sound great. Very fat, but clear.

I have one. It is sort of an easy to control, lightweight SG soapbars with a faster neck and maybe more "musical" pick-ups.
Other than that it has what I assume to be typical PRS qualities: excellent nut, not intonation hassles, responsive volume and tone control. The body on mine is one piece mahogany, I guess it's the same for all? The fret job is good although there's a "soft spot" on the 9th fret of the G string (less sustain, not really noticeable).
I find the neck really comfortable, the strings are easy to bend and there seems to be more space between the frets than for similarly scaled guitars. Not sure how that is since it has the exact same lenght as my LP. The neck feels more crowded on my LP in a way, very strange. Maybe due to the blocky inlays vs birds.
The Mira responds very precisely to all playing changes, and although it has plenty of clarity is not an unforgiving instrument. Great balance there.
About the plasticky feel: same here but it doesn't bother me. I love how light and easy to play the guitar is, especially compared to my LP.
It's a good workhorse although a bit too pretty for that and my Mira already counts numerous scratches.

In the longer term I might switch pick-ups, or maybe not. I quite like that guitar as it is, it's a little gem.

I've got a standard Mira with 57/08s that I absolutely love. It's my first 24 fret guitar since my '92 CE24. It weighs just a touch over 6 lbs and is well balanced. I was in a local GC and saw an used 25th anniversary on the wall, which got me very excited. I've been craving a slab body and P-90s, so I thought I had found the perfect piece. It was in decent shape and the price was great.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't connect with it. It just didn't feel as lively as mine. I don't know if it was the combo of shorter scale and P-90s that just didn't have the same snap, or what. I really wanted to like it, but it just had too much to stand up to. Maybe if I didn't have mine, I'd have a different opinion.

I actually just started looking for a black P-90 PRS today (got inspired by someone else's black McSoapy!). The 25th Anniversary popped up again. I may have to give it another try.

I bought one & sent it back. The neck was great, the Seymour Duncan pups were just OK, but as Tolm said, it just didn't feel like a high quality guitar....

I picked up a used Mira X and absolutely love it. You need to remember what it is you are getting. I didn't expect anything similar to my 513 or McCarty soap, because it's a whole different animal. great neck, action, and full tone. And very light weight. And if it gets a ding, it's not the end of the world. Spoken like a true caretaker, huh. Awesome bang for the buck, IMHO

I really liked the original Mira a lot. I never purchased one because I liked my McCarty standard a hair better and it seemed to cover close to the same ground, though the McCarty was a bit thicker in tone. The soapbar intrigues me with the pickups because I've always liked P90s but have never owned a guitar with them. More recently, I've become interested in the narrowfield swamp ash also, which is quite a bit different but the pickups can get into the same realm as P90s. Still interested in both these guitars, no sure if I'll end up with either but I'd like to get something a little farther away from my "normal" guitar tone.

Played one of these briefly the other day thru a SE 50 amp into a bigger PRS 2x12(not sure which model). I liked it quite a bit! Put it on the list of "need to buy". Just what I need :)

I own the Mira 24.5 soap-bar 25 anniversary guitar. I love it. The neck profile is round and small such that my thumb can easily fret the E and A strings. My Mira guitar ways just over 6 pounds and is quite small, which is one of the reasons I love it. The fretwork is outstanding. The soap bar pickups ( P90 ) are alnico, manufactured by Seymour Duncan. It's important to use the volume knob on this guitar, as rolling the guitar volume Down towards seven makes the pick ups Srat like, and then a simple adjustment to 10 makes them scream:) I collect a lot of Gibson SG's and there are often problems with the SG tuning, the bending of the next during playing, and the neck heavy (dropping of the neck) , none of these problems exist in my Mira. The small-scale length is outstanding. The guitar is a monster.

Last edited:
Had one for a while. Loved the tone with some Thorn Staple tops in it. In the end the regular neck and smaller/regular sized frets sort prevented me from bonding after me getting used to Teds.

Great Guitar tone monsters and very light weight
I did sell mine but miss it a bunch

Bought it with a great anticipation, but just didn't bond with the P90s on that one! Sold it eventually.

Have one, love it to death (it's even a one-off colour near as I can tell which makes it that much more special!) P90s are my absolute favourite pickup.

The SDs in PRS instruments are decent - useable if not the greatest in the world. I keep saying I'm going to pop a set of Lollars in at some point...

Have one, love it to death (it's even a one-off colour near as I can tell which makes it that much more special!) P90s are my absolute favourite pickup.

The SDs in PRS instruments are decent - useable if not the greatest in the world. I keep saying I'm going to pop a set of Lollars in at some point...
What's your one off color? I have a rare Mira 245 25th as well. It's in antique white.

What's your one off color? I have a rare Mira 245 25th as well. It's in antique white.

Frost Blue Metallic... sadly up for sale now, need to shed some stuff... ends on eBay tomorrow if you’re in the U.K. or EU... ;)

Good one to grab, if you’re up for a wild card!

I can understand the comments about the feel - mine is very light, smaller neck, doesn’t have the “heft” and substantial footprint that a Custom or Singlecut, or even an original core Mira would. It’s most definitely a different feel. Personally, I like it for what it is, and it makes the guitar very special to me, but I can see why some wouldn’t care for it. That said, everyone should at least try one, if they get a chance. Also, there should be an S2 Mira Satin P90, that would be one hella cool guitar.

Did you have the NF3 for sale too?

If you mean me, then no... the Mira 245 has been relisted for sale but if it doesn't go this time around then I'm just gonna hang on to it for now... it's a killer guitar, I just have too many. :)

Back