Tell about the Violin guitar

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Having trouble digging up info on them. Do you have one? played one? Tell me everything ya know:prslogo:

From what I can remember:

McCarty model
57/08 pickups
Pernambuco neck

From what I can remember:

McCarty model
57/08 pickups
Pernambuco neck

With European Maple tops. That's the maple traditionally used to make violins. It has super tight growth rings like spruce. This was one of the chief differences between the Violin Guitars and the Paul's 28 guitars. The P28's were also completely shielded and grounded in the cavities (pup cavities too).

The US versions had Brazilian Rosewood fretboards. The Violin Guitars made for international sale did not.

All of them had Celtic knots. I've never seen one with a trem.

One other nice touch is the hidden fret tangs on the fingerboard. Seen that on a couple of Private Stocks as well.

The Violin is well up there with the Collection series as far as quality etc. At the time they seemed expensive, but with the cost of a Collection, they were a bit of a bargain really :)

Mine on a sunny day .....

Violin%20%281%29.jpg

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;23982 said:
With European Maple tops. That's the maple traditionally used to make violins. It has super tight growth rings like spruce. This was one of the chief differences between the Violin Guitars and the Paul's 28 guitars. The P28's were also completely shielded and grounded in the cavities (pup cavities too).

The US versions had Brazilian Rosewood fretboards. The Violin Guitars made for international sale did not.

All of them had Celtic knots. I've never seen one with a trem.

Hans, do you know whether the pickups were also specifically selected as with the P28s?

Cheers!

Wow! I'd have stuffed it down my pants and whistled all the way out the front door. ;)

One other nice touch is the hidden fret tangs on the fingerboard. Seen that on a couple of Private Stocks as well.

The Violin is well up there with the Collection series as far as quality etc. At the time they seemed expensive, but with the cost of a Collection, they were a bit of a bargain really :)

Mine on a sunny day .....

Violin%20%281%29.jpg
Incredible!

Yup they are simply marked '57/08'. They date from before the 'tm' was added.

Having trouble digging up info on them. Do you have one? played one? Tell me everything ya know:prslogo:

Yes. Yes. I think they made 50. All but one have the same specs, AFAIK. It plays great, feels great, sounds great. Doesn't feel, play or sound anything like butter (Thank God!). This is the only picture I can find right now.

l.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;24292 said:
Wow! I'd have stuffed it down my pants and whistled all the way out the front door. ;)
Is that a violin guitar in your pants or are you happy to see me :D

So Euro maple, pern neck & knots are the main things...were they built by the PS team as well?

Is that a violin guitar in your pants or are you happy to see me :D

So Euro maple, pern neck & knots are the main things...were they built by the PS team as well?

Yes, they are PS guitars with PS #s and COAs.

The guitar has incredible tone ( = sweet and punchy) and amazing response to pick attack...

I really love it. :wink:

5wGTVg

Back