Tele?!?!

FVy1nozWUAAnIIE

Swear I can see grains…
Owl TRC?

Yes it’s the owl logo from the backdrop currently used on stage.
The more I look at it, the more I see my black Fiore but with the tele shape

Sign me up if it ever gets released! Love it.

Some said that McKnight reached out to PRS, saying it was a one off, but i don’t buy that. There’s a video online, where Myles is doing some Q&A on stage, and guy asked the inevitable question about the guitar.
Myles said he couldn’t say anything.
If this was a one off, I don’t see how difficult it would have been for him to just say « yeah the good people at PRS kindly accepted my request to make this for me, and I’m grateful for this » and done.
So there’s more to it I think, well, hopefully !!!

I feel like it’s inevitable that they release a tele like guitar. As others have said there will be demand. And it can slot right into the CE line as a bolt on. Heck they can even go crazy and make it semihollow too. I don’t think they will need an artist to name it. But it would be cool if Myles made a promotion video. He’s one lucky dude to have played with some of the greatest guitarists in the past 35 years.

I feel like it’s inevitable that they release a tele like guitar. As others have said there will be demand. And it can slot right into the CE line as a bolt on. Heck they can even go crazy and make it semihollow too. I don’t think they will need an artist to name it. But it would be cool if Myles made a promotion video. He’s one lucky dude to have played with some of the greatest guitarists in the past 35 years.
Hell yeah !!

Oh man, a semi-hollow CE Tele. Yes and yes.

It's not a Tele without a Tele style bridge.

I've always thought the Vela bridge is the most elegant Tele (style) bridge I've ever seen.

Of course Tele's have had a bunch of different bridges. The six-saddle ones never seemed as good to me as far as sustain. Two strings per saddle creates more downforce, and the Vela's three strings per saddle is even better.

Now if you're talking about pickup placement and it's being attached; so physically part of the bridge, that's another matter, and I get what you're saying.

Now if you're talking about pickup placement and it's being attached; so physically part of the bridge, that's another matter, and I get what you're saying.

This. There's just something special about the Tele sound - that steel bridge plate, brass saddles, beefy pickup with the backplate combination is pretty distinctive.

This. There's just something special about the Tele sound - that steel bridge plate, brass saddles, beefy pickup with the backplate combination is pretty distinctive.
Agreed, but a lot of working teles have probably had the bridge pickup mounted direct to the wood, and not the bridge plate. See GE Smith as an example.
The Silver Sky is straight up a Strat competitor. A guitar with a pair of NFs and a Vela bridge is not a Tele competitor. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a great guitar.
Agreed again...Unless it SOUNDS like a Tele...

Somewhere I saw/read that a possible strong contribution to that "tele" sound is the steel plate of the "ashtray" interfering with and/or interacting with the bridge pickup in an electromagnetic way - the metal causes magnetic eddy currents that wood normally wouldn't, which impacts the tonal and sustain characteristics of the neck pickup.

Don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but maybe someone in a previous comment did (I’m too lazy to go back and look):

Hypothetical PRS Tele neck pickup should be a narrow single coil, like the Modern Eagle V middle pickup.

Don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but maybe someone in a previous comment did (I’m too lazy to go back and look):

Hypothetical PRS Tele neck pickup should be a narrow single coil, like the Modern Eagle V middle pickup.
Oooh, that would be pretty nice! What would be in the bridge position? The bridge pup from the SS? A 509/513/305 single coil, tilted?

Oooh, that would be pretty nice! What would be in the bridge position? The bridge pup from the SS? A 509/513/305 single coil, tilted?
I wouldn’t mind PRS putting their efforts into an entirely new pickup for the bridge, but if they going for vintage Tele territory, it could be anything as long as it sounds like a Tele.

Back