Tele?!?!

FV7bDLAWAAEubL3

Not sure if this is the lighting but almost looks relic or ash body in the upper bout? Wouldn’t shock me if they used ash like the old teles

I’m def down for a PRS take on a tele. That neck looks gorgeous. I like the layout. Fingers crossed for ash woods to see the grains on non opaque colors. Although ash is harder to get by and def more expensive than your alder/poplar/pine

Not sure if this is the lighting but almost looks relic or ash body in the upper bout? Wouldn’t shock me if they used ash like the old teles
It does look like the grain of ash, but the rest of the guitar (not covered by the pick guard) looks super smooth, so it might just be an artifact of whatever object is being reflected: it is just so far way it gets a distorted out-of-focus look.

Maybe if he sends me the guitar I can find out!

It does look like the grain of ash, but the rest of the guitar (not covered by the pick guard) looks super smooth, so it might just be an artifact of whatever object is being reflected: it is just so far way it gets a distorted out-of-focus look.

Maybe if he sends me the guitar I can find out!

I have an ash-bodied tele where the nitro has started sinking into the woodgrain and it looks like this.

But given that it's only in that one place makes me think it's a reflection.

I’m so down for a CE level tele take with narrow field pickups, ash body, and maple neck. I wonder what shape neck they use? U shaped like the old ones? v shaped? Slap on a pattern vintage?

Last edited:
Back