Tele?!?!

I kinda know how you feel. I’ve been in a guitar mag, but my real dream was to get over 100 likes at TGP, and I think it’s happening.
I've gotten 50 likes before. 100 is a lot. I believe in you!

My dream is to have a thread I start make it to number 1 on the trending topics.

I've gotten 50 likes before. 100 is a lot. I believe in you!

My dream is to have a thread I start make it to number 1 on the trending topics.
For a thread I started for fun, I have to admit that I like my newfound “Influencer” status. And you’ve just given me a new goal.

#1 in Trending Topics at TGP, here we come!!!

Wait, did my thread hit that already? I really haven’t paid any attention. :p

For a thread I started for fun, I have to admit that I like my newfound “Influencer” status. And you’ve just given me a new goal.

#1 in Trending Topics at TGP, here we come!!!

Wait, did my thread hit that already? I really haven’t paid any attention. :p
Yeah your thread was at the top for a few days. You only lost the lead today.

Best pic I've seen yet, snagged from TGP. I'm rethinking my earlier PRS DNA mixed with tele comment...

3AC2655D-636D-4583-9BC9-2444DCD9D9043a56ee413c8ad288.jpg

At least Miles knows how to play a guitar... unlike Bruce Springsteen who made a career of just posing for pictures with a Tele.

Wow H your thread got dirty quickly. Not a lot of PRS love over there.

I think I will just stay here.
uh oh, I threw a quick post in there while waiting for docs, but I'm too busy to check it out til late tonight.
At least Miles knows how to play a guitar... unlike Bruce Springsteen who made a career of just posing for pictures with a Tele.
That is by far the best pic of it I've seen. Might throw that one over there. ;)

@DreamTheaterRules … you’re a legend!

That article says the "PRS Tele" has the same reverse headstock as found on the Silver Sky.

"...the same back-angled reversed PRS headstock that appears on PRS' Silver Sky"

Um, no, it does not. That latest photo makes that plainly clear but it seemed obvious from the other shots too.

So congrats on getting a mention, but in an article where one of two technical points was wrong. (The other technical point was about "a" NF pup. And even that was possibly wrong, because in some shots it appears that there are two.) EDIT: and of course the obvious note that there is a pickup selector, so must be more than one pup.)

Best pic I've seen yet, snagged from TGP. I'm rethinking my earlier PRS DNA mixed with tele comment...

3AC2655D-636D-4583-9BC9-2444DCD9D9043a56ee413c8ad288.jpg
The neck looks very similar to the latest Fiore as far as the wood/color/birds/Bone nut/Vintage locking tuner are concerned.
Only the headstock has a darker wood laminate compared to the Fiore. (Of course, no idea on the shape of the neck itself, but funny enough, I find the neck on my black Fiore to be quite Tele like, interesting)
The pick guard as it is now isn't really my cup of tea, but this could maybe change, depending on how far they are in their test drive with this guitar.
There seems to be something on the Truss Rod cover, but can't see for now with the picture.

Everyone has there idea of what a PRS Tele SHOULD be, somewhere on the sliding scale from 100% Fender to 100% PRS. This one-off made for Alex Lifeson, with a few mods is where my ideal PRS Tele SHOULD be:
1. CE-24 or CE-22 Bolt on construction (I would be partial to the 24 fret)
2. Maple Neck, Maple Fretboard (RW optional), 25" scale
3. Ash body (Alder as an alternate due to limited resources)
4. Vela Bridge (PRS Trem optional)
5. PRS Tele style bridge pickup (509 Single Coil?)
6. PRS Tele Style neck pickup (509 Single Coil?). Other possibilities: Narrowfield, 58-15, 635JM, or Fiore (in that order of preference)
52129843870_e6494c5874_o.png

Last edited:
A Tele-ish style PRS, with PRS playability, quality, Vela bridge and narrowfields? Sign me up! Actually might be a good time for PRS to release something like this; more players seem to be discovering how awesome the narrowfields are, so it could well for them. I know I absolutely love my NF3, so I can't see this being anything but awesome!

Back