'Tele' pickup setting mod for Studio or SAS?

ArtB

:?:
Hey, guys.
Is there a mod that a competent tech could install that would allow me to get the 'outside pickups' Telecaster style setting on my 3-pickup PRS (Studio, in this case)?

I once had a Tom Anderson classic with three single coils, and the tone knob was a push-pull that would add the neck pickup, regardless of the setting on the 5-way switch. It worked well, but obviously on the PRS the tone knob push-pull is already being used to split the back humbucker. I am definitely not willing to part with that particular function. Ideally, I'd like to have this functionality whether the back pickup is split or not.

So, is there any way of getting that 'outside pickups' setting, without making any cosmetic modifications (extra mini-toggle, etc.)?

ArtB said:
:?:
Hey, guys.
Is there a mod that a competent tech could install that would allow me to get the 'outside pickups' Telecaster style setting on my 3-pickup PRS (Studio, in this case)?

I once had a Tom Anderson classic with three single coils, and the tone knob was a push-pull that would add the neck pickup, regardless of the setting on the 5-way switch. It worked well, but obviously on the PRS the tone knob push-pull is already being used to split the back humbucker. I am definitely not willing to part with that particular function. Ideally, I'd like to have this functionality whether the back pickup is split or not.

So, is there any way of getting that 'outside pickups' setting, without making any cosmetic modifications (extra mini-toggle, etc.)?

"without making any cosmetic modifications " : I'm in the same situation then you wih my SAS !

Do your studio has a blade switch or a Les Paul type 3 positions selector ?

Mine has this 3 pos selector, and I plan to install a 5 rotary switch : so I will have TWO more sounds !

Right now, I'm in the phase to find the right pickups ( Fralin Unbucker and High output, BareKnuckle Abraxas, ..., ... ??? )

I'll let you know of the result ...

Hb :geek:

Paging Dirty Al.....Paging Dirty Al..... Al is one of the resident mad scientist's here. If there is a way to wire it, he will know!

"tone knob push-pull already used" ... but NOT the volume : so you also can add a
VOL push-pull or push-push to this function ;)

... but don't ask me for the schematics :lol:

just my 2 cents

Hb :geek:

Sounds reasonable. There's no push-pull functionality on the volume pot. Yet.
I could just take it Mike Lull and see what he says, but I can't stand being away from it for any length of time.

Maybe once the honeymoon's over. :)

Back