TED Talks- Paul Reed Smith

I love watching TED videos. Except when I have no idea as to what they're talking about...I'm not the brightest bulb.

Thanks for the link!

If find it quite impressive that Paul was part of a TED event.

TED is an incredible organization that seems dedicated to tangible, scientifically-based ideas.

I gotta give Paul props for just being there.

TED talks are billed as "Great talks to stir your curiosity" and "Ideas worth spreading."

These talks are the 15 minute versions of The Last Lecture.

I'm not sure I have an amazing insight that meets this caliber of thinking. So my question for Forum members is this: If you were invited to give a TED talk, what would your subject be? I'm not asking you to expand here (yet), but what is an area where you think you might have a TED talk worthy insight?

Just to let you know where the bar is set: Last Lecture Quotes.

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;25637 said:
If find it quite impressive that Paul was part of a TED event.

TED is an incredible organization that seems dedicated to tangible, scientifically-based ideas.

Technology, Entertainment and Design. Paul intersects each.

Fantastic video, I love TED talks. Super cool that Paul was invited to do one - he did a great job with it. Thanks posting that, Shawn.

That was awesome! I've had quite a few 'bosses' in my career, but only a few were leaders/mentors and inspiring to work for. Paul definitely seems like that kind of leader. It's great to see how much he genuinely enjoys his craft and gets excited about it. I loved his playing at the end of the talk - fantastic. Thanks for posting that Shawn.

Thank you very much for sharing this Shawn. Today is a day when I really needed to see and hear this, and I appreciate it.

Lloyd

I am sorry guys, but I've never heard about the TED thing before. Paul's speech was very good, really liked it.
I was wondering if anybody noticed the sounds he makes when he is playing. The mic was open and there's those funny sounds going on... anyway
Thanx for sharing Shawn

I guess I am in the minority. I really didn't dig the speech.

There was one part though, about finding a mentor, that I thought was very good.

Back