Ted Mccarty DC245 ??

Manny

Hey guyz! Im new at the PRS family and i own a Ted Mccarty DC 245 serial # 09 154116 10 .. This is how the numbers apear across the headstock.. Don't know anything about the guitar .. ( traded it) .. Can u guyz fill me in!!!! THANX.. Willcut guitars state that only 250 of these were made when you look them up on their website. Can anyone verify this and give me full specs on the guitar!!!! Thanx!!

09...made in 2009
154116...the serial number
10...10 top

If you found the specs on the Willcutt site, you should have everything. Otherwise, you can find the specs by using the MODCAT (it will be under the pickups or sometimes on the case or hangtag).

09...made in 2009
154116...the serial number
10...10 top

If you found the specs on the Willcutt site, you should have everything. Otherwise, you can find the specs by using the MODCAT (it will be under the pickups or sometimes on the case or hangtag).
Thanks for the reply! I looked up a dc245 on the willcutt site and read the add..that's were i got the 250 made.. If thats true than out of those 250 what number is mine??? And im sorry but im new at PRS so don't know what a MODCAT Is.. Ive called willcutt guitars gave them the serial number but they were no help...

The MODCAT is a big string of letters and numbers that give the full spec of the guitar, it looks a bit like a barcode and can be found on the original shipping box, the hang tag, the edge of the case and under the bridge pickup.

I don't think they were a numbered run, so it won't have been allocated an xxx/250 number.

Manny,
Welcome to the forum.

I should start by aplogizing for how short my reply was...sometimes giving just an answer can seem rude, which mine probably did.

For your guitar...welcome to the PRS family. I can't tell much from your picture or serial number, but the 10-top designation means it shoild have a pretty awesome top. The MODCAT is a series of letters and number like Twinfan said, and those correlate to certain specs. There are several guitars that look similar to what I see in you avatar, so I can't get a good feel for ypur in particular. I can say that all of the Ted McCarty's have neck binding and the "old" headstock shape (I say old because it was the first shape PRS the man used), but regular McCarty's have the regular shape with the two points. That's the easiest way for me to see. I don't know much more about the Ted McCarty run, but I've heard they all sound amazing.

Thanks guys!!! I'll check the MODCAT.. There is a bar code on the case besides the model # it has another number and it reads like this
CDM2FTHFIBS_SB_NK_K3.. There was a sticker on the hang tag but that was removed. From what could gather on the hangtag it's a Smokeburst 10top with the old Santana headstock.. 57/08 coil tap P/U in the neck and bridge with a wide fat neck ...

We have some guys here who have put in a lot of work with decoding MODCATs. With your MODCAT, I got this...

Model: Could not find Model 'CD'
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian RW
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Could not find Color 'SB'
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: 57/08 Covered
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: 57/08 Covered
Electronics: 3-Way Toggle or Blade

SB for the colour will probably be Smokeburst?

CD = McCarty Doublecut?

just wanted to let you guys know that i've gotten more info on my guitar from the guys at PRS.. And it is a limited run for these guitars only 250 made and only several ordered with 10 top.. i happen to have both..:D

Hummm wonder why those didnt show up... Pulling the bridge P/U to know for sure!!!
i pulled the P/U and the #'s match the #'s on the case!!!! But the modcat id thing that we use to fill in on this forum doesnt reconize the model!!!!! NOW WHAT??? Any body from PRS here on the forum that can help??

The MODCATs change over time, new things are added etc. The website tools are always a little behind.

The decodes I did for you earlier are correct as far as I know.

Back