TCI pups help

maplebaby

I'm late to the party on this i'm sure...i just watched a video about PRS TCI pups and was needing help on knowing which models have these pickups or how to know what PRS guitars are using these pups. Any help is sincerely appreciated - thanks in advance.

Is this American only pups? Didn’t notice it mentioned on an S2 2020 I got. Wasn’t sure if pandemic delayed the roll out

Is this American only pups? Didn’t notice it mentioned on an S2 2020 I got. Wasn’t sure if pandemic delayed the roll out
S2s should be, as well. I don't know if it's mentioned on the hang tags, on any model. And, it may depend on when it was made in 2020. The S2s would have been the last to get them.

If I'm way off base here, someone straighten me out.

All of them do, now. They started changing them in the 594s, first, in November, 2019. All the rest of the models followed going into early 2020.

Here's great video

thank you! Exactly the info I was needing...greatly appreciated.

The pickups in the Paul’s Guitar are called TCI Pickups and that is written on the hang tag of my 2018. The SE version Paul’s Guitar, the singlecut Santana SE and I think the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 all had pickups with the name TCI. While the other guitars have the TCI process applied to their pickups, they are still calling them 85/15 pickups or 58/15LT. I think this is where some unnecessary confusion was created by PRS. People are left wondering if TCI is a specific pickup, or if it is a way of making pickups. As far as I can tell, it is both. I don’t know if the promotion of TCI will continue, or if it will just become one of the many PRS things that is part of the magic.

The pickups in the Paul’s Guitar are called TCI Pickups and that is written on the hang tag of my 2018. The SE version Paul’s Guitar, the singlecut Santana SE and I think the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 all had pickups with the name TCI. While the other guitars have the TCI process applied to their pickups, they are still calling them 85/15 pickups or 58/15LT. I think this is where some unnecessary confusion was created by PRS. People are left wondering if TCI is a specific pickup, or if it is a way of making pickups. As far as I can tell, it is both. I don’t know if the promotion of TCI will continue, or if it will just become one of the many PRS things that is part of the magic.

thanks for the post and information...exactly what i hoped for and greatly appreciated!

I would have thought that all TCI pups would have had it mentioned in the guitars description on PRS website. But I only see it in a select few. I agree the rollout has been confusing.

Back