Taking Bets...

dBgyNvu.jpg

If you have watched this interview with Paul, you will have noted that they discussed a prototype guitar that he had with him. He had been taking with him all over Europe. They were going to check it out after this interview, off camera of course. Here's my theory: All the sudden today I've seen two pictures of Myles Kennedy with his PRS "Tele." What are the odds that this is the prototype, being readied for winter NAMM?
So back to the OP...

PRS has not released a "new core" model is a while. Variations on previous themes (like the new Studio) is what they had last year, IIRC.

So the "T-style" would certainly be something to shake things up. Maybe a limited ordering period pseudo-PS run to start things up, like they've done before with other models?

So back to the OP...

PRS has not released a "new core" model is a while. Variations on previous themes (like the new Studio) is what they had last year, IIRC.

So the "T-style" would certainly be something to shake things up. Maybe a limited ordering period pseudo-PS run to start things up, like they've done before with other models?
At this point I think the SE DGT is the big fish. The T-style would truly be a HUGE surprise!

So back to the OP...

PRS has not released a "new core" model in a while. Variations on previous themes (like the new Studio) is what they had last year, IIRC.

I think you may be right. Paul was in the UK recently, and he was showing dealers a new guitar. Unless it was the DGT SE we are all now familiar with; my bet is the T-thing. Besides the shape and nothing else remotely similar to an actual Telecaster (narrow fields, different bridge), my bet will be Myles Kennedy's signature guitar.

Paul was in the UK recently, and he was showing dealers a new guitar. Unless it was the DGT SE we are all now familiar with;
Ah, I just looked at the date-stamp of the above video from Anderton's, and yeah, it was probably the SE DGT, since the SE DGT was announced well after that.

Oh well.

Back